Cover letters and resumes for a buyer position are the very first documents you need in your job hunting process. When writing a Buyer’s Resume, it is important to highlight your strengths and qualifications that match the accurate requirements of prospective company. In addition, it is also important to select a good format and template for a Buyer Resume.
Remember that you are selling your skills and you have to market them really well because the competition is usually fierce. You must create good bullet statements and phrases in your resume because that will show positive vibes to the employer and double your chances of being called for an interview!
The following example resume for a buyer job will assist you writing your attractive resume.
Also See: Cover Letter for Buyer Resume
Buyer Resume Example
6 Garden Ave, Parkville, MD 99998
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a position as a Buyer with Goodrich Corporation where experience in procurement and expertise in dealing with commodity markets will be fully utilized to maximize efficiency.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 11+ years’ experience working as a Buyer
• Highly skilled in planning, organizing and procuring merchandise
• Demonstrated ability to ensure that the highest quality products are purchased
• Hands-on experience in coordinating and negotiating with suppliers to ensure fair pricing
• Thorough understanding of quality and delivery protocols in compliance to company requirements
|● Market Analysis||● Negotiation||● Merchandise Display|
|● Price Conflict Resolution||● Quantity Revision||● Trend Anticipation|
|● Sales Evaluation||● Revenue Enhancement||● Strategic Development|
Buyer | Aquain Suppliers - Parkville, MD | Sep 2007 – Present
• Make decisions regarding buying, communications and negotiation
• Develop source strategies
• Identify potential sources
• Manage quotations
• Award long term contracts
• Interface with purchasing locations
• Prepare purchase orders and requests for quotes
• Consult, confer and meet with suppliers to obtain product information
• Physically buy merchandise and equipment
Junior Buyer | Nexera – New York, NY | Jan 2002 – Aug 2007
• Generated reports in MS Excel and performed data entry functions
• Monitored attainment towards procurement goals
• Verified. entered, updated, and expedited purchase orders
• Communicated with suppliers for quotations
• Handled conflicts or questions on price and specifications.
• Processed change orders
Parkville City College, Parkville, MD
Bachelor in Business Administration – 2000
Major: Supply Chain Management
Minor: Sales and Marketing
● Procurement Software ● Database ● SAP ● Microsoft Excel and Word
• Self-starter with high degree of self-motivation
• Problem solving and project management