Applying for a nanny job often requires a resume, and indeed, a resume always needs an attractive cover letter. You can easily write an excellent cover letter for nanny job with a little devotion and research, by following the guidelines and a sample below.
Nanny Cover Letter Writing Tips
• Write your cover letter to a specific person: Address your nanny cover letter to the specific person. Do not make a generic cover letter to cover all the jobs you are applying for. If the name of employer is not given in advertisement you may call employer’s home or office to get one.
• Research Employer or Agency: Do some some research to see who they are, what they are seeking in nanny and particularly what the specific tasks job involves. Shortly include same details in your own words.
• Mention name and number of the position: Be sure to list the job number and name of the position in a nanny cover letter, for instance (Re: Nanny – Job ID 549)
• Use an appropriate salutation: Start writing the Nanny Cover Letter with Dear and last name of the employer.
• Relate yourself with the position: Write something that why you would be a good nanny. Give some details about your qualifications and previous experiences. Make the good connection between your childcare, cleaning, errands skills and the employer requirements.
• Mention about your enclosed resume: You should mention your enclosed resume in the second paragraph.
• Last Paragraph: Request an interview to further discuss how you can assist the employer in child care and other duties. Mention your follow-up actions and your contact details. This is the call to action that encourages the employer to act.
• Closing: Give a complimentary closing such as ‘Sincerely’. Leave a space of two to three lines to sign your name. Write “Encl.” at the end.
• Proofread: Review the cover letter for mistakes in content, spelling and grammar. You acquaintance might work as a proofreader to make corrections for you.
The following Cover Letter Sample for a Nanny Resume is written directly to employer. If you want to write a cover letter to nanny agency, you may modify it accordingly.
Nanny Cover Letter Example
95 Example Street
West Hollywood, CA 65214
January 28, 2012
Ms. Alina John,
65 West Street
West Hollywood, CA 65251
Re: Nanny Position (ID 549923)
Dear Ms. John:
Sara Chris suggested I contact you regarding the nanny position available at your home. Due to her strong recommendation, I am inspired to pursue my child care and parents’ helping interests with you. My diverse and intense professional child care background would make me a valuable asset to your family.
As you will see in my enclosed resume, I am very skilled in supervising and care for children such as bathing, dressing and nourishing infants, setting up formulas and changing diapers. Moreover, I am have a track record of managing children’s activities, meals and rest periods. My knowledge to teach children in personal hygiene and social development will be a real asset for your family. Besides, I have strong interpersonal and communication skills and willing to run errands and light housekeeping tasks.
Furthermore, I possess first aid and CPR Certifications, a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle. My proficiency in using computers and home appliances differentiate me from the rest of candidates. The enclosed resume will provide you further details regarding my experience, knowledge, and expertise.
I’d like to meet with you so as to discuss this position further for which I will call you within few days to see if we can arrange a meeting. If you need to contact me before then, I can be reached at (877) 999-7777 or via email at [email address here]. Thank you for your time and consideration.