Applying for a nanny job often requires a resume, and indeed, a resume always needs an attractive cover letter. You can easily write an excellent cover letter for nanny job with a little devotion and research.
Nanny Cover Letter Tips
● Address your nanny cover letter to the individual who has the authority to hire you. Do not make a single/generic cover letter to apply for all nanny jobs. If the name of employer is not given in advertisement you may call employer’s office to get one.
● Research about the prospective employer or agency. Find out what they are seeking in nanny and particularly what the specific tasks involves. Shortly include pertinent details in your letter.
● Be sure to mention the job number and title of the position in a nanny cover letter, for instance (Re: Nanny Position – ID 549)
● Use an appropriate salutation: Start writing the Nanny Cover Letter with Dear and last name of the employer.
● Relate yourself with the position: Write something that why you would be a good nanny. Give some details about your qualifications and previous experiences. Make the good connection between your childcare, cleaning, and errands skills and the employer requirements.
● End proactively: Request an interview to further discuss how you can assist the employer in child care and other duties. Mention your possible follow-up actions and your phone number. This is the call to action that encourages the employer to act.
● Closing salutation: Give a complimentary closing such as ‘Sincerely’. Leave a space of two to three lines to sign your name. Write “Enclosures” at the very end.
● Proofread: Review the letter for mistakes in content, spelling and grammar. You family or friends might work as a proofreader to make corrections for you.
The following cover letter samples are written by professionals to guide you how to write a good cover letter for Nanny Resume.
95 Example Street, West Hollywood, CA 65214
(000) 999-7777, anna.smith @ email . com
August 5, 2015
Ms. Alina John
65 West Street
West Hollywood, CA 65251
Re: Nanny Position (ID 7741)
Dear Ms. John:
If you are searching for a dedicated and loving Nanny with a verifiable track record, look no further. I offer an extensive experience in all facets of childcare, errands running and light housekeeping. My diverse and intense professional background would enable me to bring a significant difference to the upbringing of your children.
As you will see in the enclosed resume, I am very skilled in supervising and caring for children of all ages. This includes bathing, dressing and nourishing as well as setting up formulas and changing diapers. Moreover, I am well versed in managing children’s day-to-day activities and preparing/serving meals. My knowledge to teach children in personal hygiene and social development will bring a positive change to the mental development of your kids. Besides a proven expertise in performing childcare tasks, I also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills in English and Spanish.
Furthermore, I possess first aid and CPR Certifications, a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle. My proficiency in using computers and home appliances gives more weight to my candidacy. The enclosed resume will provide you with further details regarding my experience, knowledge, and expertise.
As a nurturing and punctual nanny, I’d like to meet with you to discuss this position further. I will call you after one week, hopefully to arrange an interview. If you need to contact me, I will be available at (000) 999-7777 or via email at anna.smith @ email . com.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
652 W. Pine Street
Los Angeles, CA 91021
stephanie @ email . com
August 5, 2015
Mr. Samuel Gibson
Sit Well Nanny Providers
566 Crimson Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Dear Mr. Gibson:
Capitalizing on my success in managing the needs of children of different ages, I am seeking a professional opportunity where my experience and dedication can benefit one of your clients. As a dependable, caring and calm nanny who is also CPR certified and has full command over housekeeping tasks, I believe myself to be a strong candidate for the position.
A brief highlight of the skills and values I would be adding by joining your organization follows:
● Highly vigilant and alert professional with a verifiable track record of ensuring the children’s physical safety
● Familiar with children’s age specific developmental, cognitive and psychosocial needs
● Well-versed in assisting children with their home work and accompanying them to social visits
● Competent at performing housekeeping tasks; meal preparation, cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping
● Expert in imparting self care skills and maintaining a hygienic and nurturing environment for children
My resume is enclosed for your perusal. I would welcome an interview with you to further explore the merging of my competencies and experience with your needs. I will call your office on next Friday to answer any queries you may have regarding my background and to confirm your interest in my candidacy.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you soon.