The format of a Massage Therapist Resume should call attention to your core strengths, abilities and past experiences.
You need to consider the following points when building a resume for a massage therapist:
● A resume for this position is normally one page long unless you have more than 10 years of experience within this field.
● It should be an error-free document. If your resume is poorly-written, unorganized, and contains spelling errors, it will effect negatively to your candidacy.
● Proofread your resume many times before sending. Have a friend or family member proofread it.
● There are 3 different formats of resumes you could choose i.e. chronological, functional/skills and combination; we strongly recommend a skilled based resume to get the fruitful results.
See also: Massage Therapist Cover Letter
|Sara Smith|| 322 Example West Street, Atlantic City, NJ 69999|
(000) 999-9999, [Email Address]
SUMMARY: An enthusiastic and skilled remedial massage therapist with 4+ years’ experience in deep tissue, shiatsu and sports massage. Track record of providing highly organized massage services to enhance client’s mobility, better flexibility. Cool temperament and honest approach to massage practices. Special talent for performing professional spa massage and body treatments compliant with the employer’s standards of practice and protocols.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
• Able to maintain hygiene and sanitation standards
• Positive and constructive attitude
• Well versed in cleaning and re-stocking treatment rooms
• Excellent knowledge of anatomy & physiology
• Familiar with pathology principles
Sep 2009 – Present
Massage Therapist | Jones Rehabilitation Center, Atlantic City, NJ
• Discuss with clients regarding their medical histories and problems
• Decide whivh massage technique will be most useful
• Apply finger and hand force to exact points of the body
• Develop and suggest client healing plans that state which types of massage are to be used
• Refer clients to other therapists when essential
• Maintain clients’ treatment records
• Provide clients with assistance and information regarding techniques for postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, recreation, and rehabilitative exercises
Jan 2009 – Sep 2009
Massage Therapist | Self Employed , Vaughan, ON
• Performed counteractive massage on clients using deep tissue, sports massage and shiatsu techniques
• Evaluated clients’ soft tissue condition, joint feature and function, muscle strength, and range of movement
• Used balancing aids; infra-red lamps, wet compresses, ice, and whirlpool baths to support clients’ recovery
• Treated clients in expert settings or tour to clients’ offices and homes
• Massaged and press muscles and soft tissues of the body to give treatment for medical conditions, injuries, or wellness maintenance
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
AAA College of Massage Therapy, Atlantic City, NJ
Diploma of Remedial Massage – 2002
First Aid and CPR
Public liability and skilled indemnity insurance