• Address your compliance manager cover letter to a specific person by his/her name. Researching about the organization will help you find out to whom it should go
• Write about what YOU can do for the employer rather than about what THEY can do for you
• Highlight relevant qualifications
• Do NOT rephrase your resume
• Keep it to one page
• Be professional
• Check and recheck for typos and other grammatical errors
9878 Harley Boulevard
Albuquerque, NM 2367
July 12, 2015
Ms. Marry Grint
300 Shire Way
Lexington, MA 02421
Dear Ms. Grint:
I recently read about SHIRE in The Daily Newspaper. Congratulations for being recognized by ISPE and receiving “Facility of the Year Awards Program”. Looking for a growing firm, I find SHIRE the most suitable organization where I can contribute my abilities and qualifications. For this reason I am forwarding you my resume as an application for the position of Compliance Manager, as announced on your website today.
As listed in my resume, I have been working for compliance departments at different levels and different organizations for the past six years. Making use of my academic degrees of Business Law and Compliance, I have achieved great results working as a professional compliance person. Supporting company’s compliance efforts with federal and state disclosures, I have been reporting requirements & obligations regularly as the need arose. Because of my exceptional knowledge and performance I have received several awards and certificates. The most prominent of these are:
• Appreciation award at Reliance Inventers, Inc. for leading & managing compliance team determining compliance with regulations of:
o Bank Secrecy Act
o Office of Foreign Assets Control
o USA Patriots Act
• Best performance award because of LOB crisis management
• Best solution provider by the Board of Trustees of Nexus Solutions
I tend to use my capability of providing compliance guidance and support services like evaluating, investigating and resolving compliance issues/concerns while working for a company to bring as high results as possible. I aim to work at SHIRE with the increased comprehensiveness, maximizing efficiency of compliance department and ensuring ethical & legal business submissions.
Please review my enclosed resume which contains further details about my related qualifications. I’ll be honored to hear from you with an interview offer for the compliance manager position. You can contact me at (012) 123-4567 at any time of your convenience. Thank you for considering my application.