Many information technology resumes start with a statement stating the job-seeker’s idealization of the specific IT position opening. These objective statements work extremely well for the candidates in obtaining their desired job.
In an objective for IT Resume, you should create a direct relation between your skills, experience, trainings to the requirements of the job applied for. If you are an IT professional and decided to use an objective statement in your resume, remember to edit or rewrite it every time you send your resume. Due to its increasing popularity in recent years, a lot of human resources professionals claim an objective statement can be very useful for identifying the right candidate.
In addition, such statements can help you getting a response if the position has already been filled, but the corporation still wants someone in an interrelated capacity, and your resume contains some appropriate skills and experience.
Keep in mind that your objective statement should:
• Be targeted to a specific company and verb driven
• Include the name of company
• Provide a brief job description and your skills relevant to job
• Contain two to three skills or qualifications you possess that will make you a perfect candidate for an interview
Information Technology Resume Objective Examples
• Energetic, technical-minded professional seeking a position as a Software Engineer at Netsmart Technologies where knowledge of software development life cycle, a high technical aptitude, and unyielding commitment to work can effectively utilized to contribute to the successful and profitable operation of the firm.
• Network Security Specilist position with IBM where a strong background in computer networks, effective communication skills, and a complete knowledge of network security and operating systems can be fully utilized to improve operations.
• Seeking an IT Specialist position at the Department of Veterans Affairs Washington where excellent data analysis and design skills can be utilized to improve the overall efficiency.
• Looking for a Desktop Administrator position with Xactly Corporation San Jose utilizing IT support, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
• A Programmer position at Allscripts Burlington bringing software design skills to maximize productivity.
• Seeking a position as a Network Administrator with ABC Networks utilizing network administration experience in a Windows / Linux based environment interoperating with WAN/LAN connectivity.
• Seeking a Desktop Support Technician position with West Bend Mutual Insurance. Offers hardware and software installation skills to ensure the company’s success.
• Seeking an IT Security Specialist position at ICF International. Offering extensive experience in implementation of anti-hacking policies, expertise in spam and malware detection and great skills in using appropriate network security techniques.
(Student / Entry Level Objectives for IT Professionals)
• A Software Intern position with Hi-Tec Systems utilizing my education and in-depth knowledge of software development lifecycle to improve efficiency and enhance profitability.
• To obtain an entry level position in the IT field where I can utilize my education to contribute to company’s operations.
• A position as a programmer intern with Aspiration Software LLC while continuing my education.