Preparing to apply for a position of dump truck driver and already have a resume? Good. Well, you might consider including a cover letter with your application. Furnishing every job application with a cover letter has pretty much become a norm in today’s job market. Even if the employer has not asked for a cover letter, you should include it in the application since it is expected by most employers.
Remember! A cover letter is your tool for introduction and creating relevance among your profile and the target job.
Dump Truck Driver Cover Letter Sample
89 National Park Lane, Gettysburg, PA 44821
(002) 444-6666, daniel @ email . com
January 13, 2014
Mr. Jonathan Parker
Aggregate Industries Management
65 Mackenzie Lane
Gettysburg, PA 44821
Dear Mr. Parker:
I am writing this letter in reference to your job advertisement for the vacant position of Dump Truck Driver, as cited in yesterday’s Washington Post. My Class A CDL along with 8+ years’ hands-on experience makes me a perfect candidate for this position.
My profile remarkably caters for all the skills, knowledge and abilities you require for the job. My skills which are also your preferences for the job are presented below to serve the purpose of a better comparison of my skills against the job requirements.
• Knowledge of safe practices in dump carriage: Posses extensive knowledge regarding OSHA/MSHA and traffic department’s issued safety policies applicable to dump truck driving.
• Skilled in operating the dump truck levers and scraping machinery: Mastered all operations associated with dump truck machinery and can effectively carry each one out as and when needed.
• Ability to haul heavy materials on long routes safely: Offer a track record of hauling heavy material safely on long routes.
• Efficient in maintaining logs: Thorough understanding of keeping records and receiving signatures on receipts associated with the job. Demonstrated ability to maintain logs and inventories flawlessly.
• Capable of calculating the amounts of material as per weight viable for carriage in one lap: Proficient in weighing scrap material samples and making relevant calculations regarding carriage capacity.
Considering the above demonstrated perfect similarities among my profile and your job requirements, I would appreciate a personal meeting to discuss this further. May you have any questions regarding my portfolio, please feel free to call me at (002) 444-6666.
Thank you for your time.