Child care workers supervise and care for children of ages 6 months to 6 years. Most working parents choose child care workers to assist them in looking after their children while they are away.
Child care workers are skilled individuals who are expert in looking after little children. Since they need to do everything from changing diaper to managing little children’s more profound emotional needs, child care workers are trained especially in providing this type of services.
Are you a professional child care worker? If you are, then you might need a good functional resume to help you get a job. This kind of resume is very effective for entry level candidates and career changers.
Skills Resume for Child Care Worker
4792 Vivian Avenue, Cumberland, RI 54212, Cell: (999) 439-9999, Email:
❖❖ CHILD CARE WORKER ❖❖
Dedicated to total development of children.
Friendly, energetic and reliable individual seeking a position as a Child Care Worker with ABC Company. Offers advanced skills akin to both physical and emotional development of children. Particularly effective in managing children from 6 months to 10 years of age. CPR and First Aid certified.
• Ability to design programs and activities to cater to the development of individual children
• Excellent knowledge of meeting the physical needs of babies and toddlers alike
• Working knowledge of providing emotional support to distressed babies
• Exceptional acumen to handle emergency situations engendered by emotional disturbances
• Ability to provide affection and security
• Excellent communication skills (English and Spanish)
• Exceptional ability to work calmly in a stressful situation
• Possess genuine passion working with children
• Proven ability to adhere to appropriate limits and boundaries
• Adept at building professional relationships with parents and coworkers
Children’s Home Society, Cumberland, RI (Feb 2010 – Present)
Child Care Aide
• Interact with children in a positive manner
• Supervise children and engage them in age appropriate activities
• Design and implement behavior modification techniques
• Ensure cleanliness of the premises
• Take measures to prevent accidents
• Escort children to activities and appointments as instructed
• or ambulance teams
*Private Capacity* – Rainier, OR (Oct 2009 – Jan 2010)
• Provided care to three children aged 10 years, 7 years and 6 months
• Changed diapers and assisted in bathing
• Cooked food based on individual nutritional needs of the children
• Ensured cleanliness of the house
• Escorted children to play dates and doctors’ appointments
AAA HIGH SCHOOL, Cumberland, RI, 2009