It is proper etiquette to send a thank you letter after an interview of Administrative Assistant position; nevertheless lots of applicants ignore this important step. A well-written administrative Assistant thank you letter can really set you apart from dozens of applicants seeking the same position. After a series of really hard to judge interviews sessions, it can be hard for a hiring manager to make out one applicant over another. The effective thank you letter gives the interviewer a subsequent chance to retain information about you.
Key Points to remember while writing Administrative Assistant Thank You Letters
• Keep your letters to the point and simple
• Never exceed one page
• Refer to exact points discussed in your interview to assist the hiring manager remember you
• Highlight your qualifications, particularly those most pertinent to the position
• Give any additional information that was ignored during the interview or particularly requested by the interviewer
• Communicate your continued interest for the Administrative Assistant position
• If a hiring result is expected to come rapidly, email version is recommended
• Send a regular mail / USPS / snail mail letter within one day after the interview
• You may send hand written letter as well as typed letter
Administrative Assistant Thank You Letter after Interview
Subject line: Thank you message from Sara Chris (Ref: Administrative Assistant)
August 17, 2012
Mr. John Doe,
Senior Manager (Human Resources)
25 Some NE Street
Jersey City, NJ 54478
Dear Mr. Doe:
Thank you for interviewing me yesterday for the Administrative Assistant position. I enjoyed learning more regarding the requirements of your procurement department and AT&T.
I am very enthusiastic about the position of Administrative Assistant and am particularly thrilled in relation to the opportunity to gain exposure to secretarial duties. As we discussed during meeting, my clerical and administrative background and education will help me make a notable contribution to your organization.
Please let me know if I can provide you with any supplementary information to support my application. I look forward to speaking with you again soon.
(Electronic or scanned signatures)
Sample Thank You Letter after Administrative Assistant Interview
(Snail Mail / USPS Version)
August 17, 2012
Ms. Sara Andrew
NYU Langone Medical Center
58 Some SE Street
New York, NY 69987
Dear Ms. Andrew:
Thank you very much for taking the time to interview me today for the Administrative Assistant position.
I felt a magnificent rapport not only with you, but with the whole staff of NYU Langone Medical Center. I am more persuaded than ever that I will fit in brilliantly as a member of the team and contribute my skills and talents for the smooth operations of NYU Langone Medical Center.
I can make myself obtainable for any additional discussions of my credentials and qualifications that may be needed.
Again, Ms. Sara Andrew, I very much grateful for you and your staff taking time to talk with me about this exciting opportunity.