Collectors are dedicated personnel who contact delinquent account holders and solicit payment from them on behalf of the company that they are working for or with.
They need to be assertive in nature yet polite so that they can talk to customers without sounding threatening.
If you are seeking a job as a collector, you may need to utilize this resume and cover letter sample for collector to prepare your job application package.
12 Garland Ave | Keego Harbor, MI 32414 | (019) 987-0009 | Email
Bringing customer service and debt collection experience to manage delinquent accounts effectively.
Professional Summary: Personable Debt Collector with over 7 years of experience in identifying delinquent accounts and soliciting payments. Effectively follows-up with third-party payers, insurance carriers, and clients in order to adjudicate and get payment of claims. Competent at finding out credit scores and explaining the effect of debt on the same. Ability to work in fast-paced and busy environments. Working knowledge of federal and state compliance policies.
|• Delinquent accounts contacting||• Repossess collateral recommendations|
|• Borrower financial situation analyzing||• Files and reports maintenance|
|• Testify legal proceedings||• Current trends in loan underwriting|
• Managed successfully payment from 105 delinquent accounts within the deadline given
• Prepared a complex review plan for stuck delinquent accounts and formulated easy installments payback programs
Aug 2010 – Present
MBS Collections – Keego Harbor, MI
• Call delinquent account holders and inform them of pending payments
• Solicit payments from accounts through phone calls and in person
• Prepare and mail collections letters to defaulting accounts
• Maintain accurate records of loan and advance accounts
• Assist in making loan rate and collection decisions
• Maintain and reconcile cash fund balances
• Provide feedback to management
• Prepare loan status reports regarding collateral impairments and collection activities
May 2008 – Aug 2010
Gonzaba – San Antonio, TX
• Collected balance outstanding from third party payers
• Processed mail and rejections from the Insurance Carrier
• Posted contractual and write off adjustments
• Processed payments by credit card
• Answered calls and e-mails received by patients
The University of Miami, Miami, FL – 2003
Bachelor of Science in Accounting