There is a lot that you can do to make sure that your resume for yard hand position is written excellently.
Start with going through the following resume sample:
Yard Hand Resume Example
100 Fent Street, Mobile, AL 02113
Expert yard hand with 10+ years of hands-on experience in performing a wide variety of general and specific tasks within many settings. Highly skilled in assisting in a manner consistent with company policies and procedures. Ability to operate forklifts and loaders to assist in moving cars from process to yards.
LKQ, Mobile, AL
Sep 2016 – present
• Simultaneously handled 4 parts pulling tasks, in the absence of 3 other yard hands.
• Trained 32 apprentices and new employees in operating forklifts in a functional and safe manner.
• Implemented a series of quality standards, resulting in other yard workers to perform their duties efficiently.
• Introduced an in-stock verification system, which proved to be 80% more efficient than the one already being used.
• Comprehend work orders for handling tasks associated with order/parts pulling and shipments.
• Load, unload, and move products and materials by hand, or by using forklifts.
• Perform material handling activities such as counting, sorting, packing, and unpacking.
• Make appropriate use of hand and power tools to complete tasks efficiently.
• Receive labels from the supervisor, for the parts that need to be pulled, and place them on pulled parts correctly.
• Inspect parts, and provide supervisors with information on their conditions.
• Verify in-stock positions on products, and classify returns according to the integrity and condition of parts.
• Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of assigned work areas, in accordance with company protocols.
New Tech Global, Mobile, AL
Mar 2011 – Sep 2016
• Cleared work areas to ensure that loading, unloading, and pulling work can be appropriately performed.
• Repaired and cleaned tools and equipment used in parts pulling activities.
• Oversaw the inventory of new and pulled parts, and provided supervisors with information on stock levels.
• Assisted in moving large and heavy parts to and from the yard, as per provided instructions.
• Ensured that a safe and clean work environment was maintained at all times.
High School Diploma
Brecken High School, Mobile, AL
- Parts Retrieval & Inspection
- In-stock Verification
- Forklift Operations
- Returns Handling
- Task Prioritization