Without the services of a road worker, we will have no roads to drive on! Oh yes! They are that important because not only do the survey and find out if a piece of land is suitable for road building but are instrumental in building that road.
Road workers ensure that all material and equipment being used in a road construction project conform to standards. Apart from building roads, they are also expected to manage the routine maintenance of roads which may include plowing, patching and even repairing road signs.
The following is a resume sample for someone looking for a position as a road worker. This kind of targeted resume will increase the chances of an interview.
Road Worker Resume Example
74 Center Mill Road, Wilmington, DE 88888
(999) 029-9999, jim @ email . com
Construction / Maintenance
10+ years’ hands-on experience in planning, organizing and coordinating road building and maintenance programs. Proficient in inspecting, cleaning and repairing damaged roads and bridges. Conversant with the use of common and advanced road building equipment and building materials used in the construction of roads and bridges.
• Excellent physical dexterity
• Good hand-eye coordination
• Ability to lift up to 40lbs
• Exceptional ability to assess weather conditions
• Team building
• Finished the M6 road project within deadline leaving the room of 18 days for performing quality measures
• Promoted from general maintenance worker to road worker following exceptional acumen in building and construction work
Travis Co. – Wilmington, DE | 2009 – Present
• Manage road building and resurfacing activities
• Repair potholes and cracks and lay pavements
• Paint road marks and put up crash barriers on work site
• Clean debris from the road and perform preventive maintenance
• Assess land for ensuring suitability for road or bridge construction
• Ensure all materials are up to standard and equipment is in running order
Travis Co. – Wilmington, DE | 2008 – 2009
General Maintenance Worker
• Performed waste and litter removal activities
• Managed minor repairs on roads and pavements
• Operated light equipment for roadside plumbing and masonry projects
• Maintained tools and equipment
Wilmington High School, Wilmington, DE – 2007
High School Diploma
Last updated on