In your post office worker resume, you should add the following skills and qualifications in order to impress the hiring manager.
- Mail handling
- Attention to detail
- Computer skills
- Detail orientated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
The way in which you organize information in a resume tells a lot about you as a candidate. Here is a sample to help you:
Best Sample Resume for a Post Office Worker Position
610 Harvey Road, Utica, NY 91038
POST OFFICE WORKER
Uniquely qualified post office worker with over 12 years of experience in receiving and sorting mail, and handling other postal-related work. Highly skilled in handling a large volume of customers, by providing them with the best in services. Familiar with selling postage, and booking stamps, in accordance with provided instructions.
KEY COMPETENCIES / PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS
- Implemented a unique payment collection system, which proved to be 50% more efficient than the one being used.
- Introduced an efficient money order process, replacing the old, inefficient one.
- Successfully handled postage application of 1500 letters, on a particularly busy day at work.
- Suggested use of a digital weighing system, improving the accuracy of outgoing parcels.
- Assisted mail carriers in arranging outgoing mail according to set protocols.
- Managed paperwork related to all incoming and outgoing parcels, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
Post Office Worker
United States Postal Services, Utica, NY
- Welcome customers when they arrive at the window, and politely inquire into how they would like to be assisted.
- Provide customers with information on postal services being offered, and their costs.
- Sell stamps and prepaid envelopes to customers, process their payments, and tender change, after counting it properly.
- Process money order requests and provide customers with information on delivery timelines.
- Receive incoming and outgoing mail, sort it according to destination information, and store it according to specified protocols.
- Assist mail carriers in further sorting out mail for delivery purposes, and placing it in their bags.
- Rent post office boxes to customers, and ensure that monthly rents are collected on time.
- Respond to complaints regarding post office services, aiming to satisfy customers as closely as possible.
Utica Mail Room, Utica, NY
- Sorted incoming and outgoing mail according to destination information, to make it easy to handle.
- Assisted carriers in packing outgoing mail for delivery purposes, keeping facility protocols in mind.
- Weighed and measured customers’ packages, and provided them with information on the required postage.
- Affixed stamps on letters, documents, and parcels, according to their weights, and destinations.
- Cleaned and maintained assigned work areas on a consistent basis, to ensure a tidy outlook at all times.
High School Diploma
Utica High School, Utica, NY
Post Receiving | Sorting
Money Orders Processing | Customer Service
Priority Pick-up | Cash Drawer Balancing
Postage Meters Handling | Complaints Management
Weighing and Measuring | Payment Collection
Post Office Worker Salary Information
As per the BLS website, the median pay for post office workers (or postal service workers) in 2019 was $52,060 per year or $25.03 per hour.
Post Office Worker Educational Requirements
Typical entry-level educational requirements for post officer workers is a High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.