Parts pullers work with different organizations that have the need for warehouses – and people to manage stock inside warehouses.
They are required to follow orders that dictate which part is needed for a particular customer and how it needs to be shipped out.
Parts pullers need to be knowledgeable about stocking and inventory procedures and be able to handle things in an orderly manner.
Particularly, they receive and issue parts, store items, maintain records of what comes in and go out and compile stock reports.
Education and Experience
To be eligible for a parts puller position, you need a high school diploma or a GED. Some experience in a warehouse setting is beneficial when applying for this position.
Skills and Knowledge
Since parts pullers are responsible for inventory, they need to be knowledgeable about the different types of databases and software that govern inventory management.
Other requirements to work as a parts puller include skills in operating RF scanners and pallet jacks, ability to drive forklifts, and knowledge of conveyor belts and packing duties.
Since parts pullers work in a team environment, it is important for them to be able to get along with their teammates – good interpersonal and communication skills are of great importance in this position.
See also: Parts Delivery Driver Resume
Parts Puller Duties and Responsibilities
• Receive items and ensure that they are transported to designated areas quickly and accurately
• Assist in unloading items from delivery trucks, weighing them, and transporting them to designated areas
• Take and comprehend orders for pulling parts or items
• Locate requested items from storage areas and inspect them for conformity to order type
• Ensure that pulled part is intact and has no defects, brought on by staying in storage for a period of time
• Place items on the forklift in a safe manner to transport them to the delivery area
• Determine the type of packaging pulled parts will need and pack them in a safe and orderly manner
• Use RF guns to properly label each packed part with the designated item and part numbers
• Assist in loading and arranging ordered parts in the delivery vehicle to ensure the safety of the package
• Ensure the accuracy of parts shipped in accordance with instructions
• Prepare invoices for each pulled item and ensure that it is sent with the packaged item
• Maintain parts inventory and ensure that any item low in stock is requisitioned immediately
• Process returns and exchanges by completing required paperwork and ensuring that details are updated in the inventory database