Are you someone who loves to bond with nature?
Do you have the will to preserve nature in all its glory?
Do you like spending time in the great outdoors?
If the answer to all three questions is yes, then you should consider a career as a park ranger!
Already considering it? Great!
Begin the quest for a job as a park ranger by writing a well-rounded resume. But make sure that you pay particular attention to your resume objective. Why?
Well, a resume objective is all-encompassing and will help an employer decide if he wants to read the rest of your resume.
You will need to make sure that you know your skills if you want to write a resume objective that piques the reader’s interest.
The purpose of a resume objective is to encourage the reader to keep reading. Boring resume objectives can have devastating effects on a candidate as employers tend to trash resumes that they don’t like in the first instance.
Talk about your love for nature and its preservation when you write your resume objective. Also, talk about your love for animals and conservation. These are keywords that will entice an employer to keep reading your resume till the end.
See also: Park Ranger Cover Letter
Some examples of resume objectives for park ranger positions are listed below. Take a look!
Sample Objectives for Park Ranger Resume
1. Energetic professional looking for a position as a Park Ranger with Metro Parks. Bringing 5 years of extensive experience in park services administration and ensuring the safety of visitors. Focused on handling tours and park educational programs. First aid and CPR certified.
2. Active and adaptable Park Ranger seeking employment at Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, utilizing expertise in maintaining a safe, clean, and inviting park for visitors. Complete understanding of enforcing rules and regulations with established policies and work rules of the park.
3. Physical fit individual with strong communication skills and a passion to help people and conservation efforts, eager to work as a Park Ranger at WWF Nature Conservatory. Bringing a keen interest in nature conservation, an exceptional ability to address the visitors’ educational needs, and handling accidents and emergencies.
4. To work as a Park Ranger at Mecklenburg Nature Park. Leveraging 10+ years of extensive experience in front and backcountry parks. Exceptional knowledge of environment and conservation along with a deep love for nature and its preservation.
5. To obtain a Park Ranger position with Olympic National Park, employing in-depth knowledge of park regulations, and educating trail users on backcountry techniques and local ecology systems. Willing to work full-time including weekends, holidays, and evenings.
6. Dexterous nature lover with a strong desire to work as a Park Ranger at West Minister Trail Project. Eager to employ my expertise in providing nature and conservation education to visitors, handling re-vegetation projects, and maintaining trails and campsites effectively.