Before applying for a landscaping position, you must see if you have all the skills and competencies for one, especially if you are applying for an entry-level job.
Your resume is what needs to be looked into first.
In your resume for a landscaper position, you must offer landscaping skills and information that is helpful to the person reading it.
This would include knowledge of performing groundskeeping work and aesthetically planting flowers and trees.
Since you cannot really rely on experience at this point, it is important to focus on skills when writing a resume.
A past apprenticeship will go a long way in making you an excellent candidate to hire.
Here is a resume sample for a landscaper with no prior experience:
See also: Landscaping Cover Letter No Experience
Landscaping Resume No Experience
79 Caramel Street, Rock Hill, SC73902
Physically dexterous landscaping enthusiast with excellent skills in cultivating grounds in order to create visually pleasing landscapes. Well-versed with hand and power tools, and safely applying pesticides. Seeking a challenging role at ABC Company.
CORE KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
– Planting and Weeding – Mowing and Raking
– Pest Control – Furniture Installation
– Irrigation Techniques – Fertilization
– Routine Maintenance – Preventative Maintenance
– Equipment and Tools Use – Decorative Planting
High School Diploma
St. Peter’s High School, Rock Hill, SC – 2021
• Attained three academic awards for consistent academic excellence throughout high school.
• Honored for achieving the highest marks in English and Mathematics, for 2 years in a row.
• Received commendation for spearheading 3 school clubs, all of which were deemed great contributors to school academics.
• Led the school literary team in 3 essay writing competitions.
APPRENTICESHIP EXPERIENCE (Optional)
Triage Landscaping Solutions, Rock Hill, SC
11/2022 – 1/2023
• Handled mulching, aerating, and weeding tasks as instructed by the lead landscaper
• Mixed and sprayed fertilizers and insecticides on grass, shrubs, and trees
• Mowed lawns, and raked leaves
• Assisted in decorating lawns using stones and plants
• Gathered and removed litter
• Oversaw the functions of watering and irrigation systems
• Performed preventative maintenance on equipment such as lawnmowers and rakes
English and Spanish
• Captain of the city soccer team for 3 years, winning all played matches
• Led a team of volunteers to work toward the rehabilitation of children suffering from parental abuse