A horse barn worker is a stable-based position. They are required to work with horses and take care of their feed, cleanliness, exercise, and general health. It is a physically dexterous job and requires exceptional physical stamina.
It takes a lot of patience to work with animals, especially with racehorses. Individuals who have a genuine interest in and passion for horses must apply for this position.
How to Write a Great Resume for a Horse Barn Worker Position?
- Tailor the resume according to the employer’s specific needs in mind.
- Highlight your relevant skills and experiences.
- Showcase your capability by stating some accomplishments in the experience section.
- If you have any licensure or certification relevant to the position you are applying for, don’t forget to mention it.
- Always proofread your resume before sending it.
Here is a horse barn worker resume sample for your guidance.
Horse Barn Worker Resume Example
677 Dewey Avenue
Austin TX 66666
(000) 111 -3333
jeffrey .francis @ email.com
Highly organized and dependable Horse Barn Worker with good physical stamina, bringing strong expertise in horse grooming, feeding, and barn maintenance. Proven ability to hand-walk and graze special attention horses, check horses for any signs of illness and exercise the horses coming after injury.
• Well-versed in hauling hay, feeding the horses, and cleaning stalls
• Trained in checking the mares for heat and assisting in insemination
• Expert in schooling the horses to trot, canter, jump and run.
• Knowledgeable of general horsemanship skills, basic dressage, and horse riding protocols
• Apt at handling broodmares and their babies during the breeding season
• Proficient in providing training to yearlings in basic ground manners
Horse Barn Worker
Racing Commission, Austin TX
Sept 2020 – Present
• Increased clientele by 30% through effective marketing of the riding club and introduction of monthly horse riding memberships.
• Fed and watered the horses according to their feeding schedules.
• Walked the horses daily and checked for any signs of illness or injury.
• Cleaned out the stalls, and carried hay stacks to and from the feeding area.
• Dealt with clients and guided them about different horses and riding protocols.
• Booked appointments for incoming clients and on phone.
Fair Field Riding Club, Austin, TX
May 2018- Aug 2020
• Tended the grounds, cleaned the barn and riding track, and conducted weeding and fence mending as required.
• Assisted in loading and unloading horses onto trailers.
• Administered medication to horses and provided first aid upon injury.
• Received the horses from clients after riding sessions and checked for any injury, illness, missing shoes or cuts, etc.
• Assisted the vet with vaccinations and general monthly checkups and supplement administration.
• Carried out horse grooming duties like bathing, brushing, clipping, and trimming coats, nail cutting, ear cleaning, etc.
Class B CDL
High School Diploma
Low Land High School, Austin TX
English & Spanish