Food Prep resumes are not merely documents – they are insights.
A resume provides reliable information regarding a job seeker’s skills, qualifications, and experience to a hiring manager, enabling him to make informed hiring decisions.
Here is a sample to help you with your resume writing efforts:
Food Prep Resume Example
55 Yeti Road | Tower, MN 55121
FOOD PREPARATION WORKER
Top performing Food Preparer with an inherent interest in food preparation in both commercial and personal capacities. Highly experienced in preparing both hot and cold food items following guidelines.
Follows set recipes while preparing food items including vegetables, fruits, and meats. Ability to make dishes such as soups, starters, and salads, placing particular focus on the quality of food. Friendly and committed with the passion for working collaboratively in an organized manner.
|✓ Food Rotation||✓ Preventative Maintenance||✓ Inventory Checks|
|✓ Garnishing||✓ Portioning||✓ Leftovers Management|
|✓ Food Hygiene||✓ Storage Solutions||✓ Kitchen Safety Procedures|
|✓ Food Service Assistance||✓ Waste Management||✓ Food Handling Protocols|
• Devised a food waste management system, which resulted in saving 98% of leftovers to feed the homeless.
• Implemented a food rotation procedure, which was considered 50% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Introduced 6 new garnishing methods, resulting in increased interest in specific dishes, by hotel patrons.
• Successfully implemented an inventory check system, replacing the old, inefficient one.
Marriot, Tower, MN | 11/2014 – Present
• Take orders from cooks and prep cooks regarding food preparation activities.
• Ascertain that all food items such as meats, cheeses, vegetables, and fruits are available at the beginning of the shift.
• Cut, chop, cube and slice meats and vegetables according to the specifics of each dish.
• Marinate meats such as fish, lamb, chicken, beef and veal according to set recipes.
• Assist cooks in preparing main dishes, by providing them with support in making ingredients available.
Food Preparation Worker
City Cafe, Tower, MN | 4/2010 – 11/2014
• Portioned and garnished food by following set facility standards.
• Maintained proper rotation of food items to assure top quality and freshness.
• Made soups and salads ensuring that the right amount and consistency are kept in mind.
• Assisted food servers in serving orders during rush hours or the holiday season.
Tower High School, Tower, MN | 2/2007 – 4/2010
• Offered menus to students and teachers, and took their orders.
• Provided information regarding popular menu items, and suggested dishes according to patrons’ tastes.
• Prepared food by following set recipes and procedures.
• Served food items such as sandwiches, pizza, lasagna, and burgers.
• Ascertained the cafeteria area was properly cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis.
Tower High School, Tower, MN – 2006
High School Diploma
Last updated on