As a fireman or a firefighter, there will be a lot of responsibility on your shoulders.
And it is important that you show a recruiter that you are capable of handling it in a resume.
Technically, a fireman resume should summarize all that you are capable of doing, and have done in the past in this role.
When writing a resume for a fireman position, make sure that you highlight your ability to handle fires of all levels.
Responding to calls will be all in a day’s work for you.
And you have to show that you can do justice to it.
Your resume should be complete, with accurate information such as knowledge of using firefighting equipment in it.
Here is a sample that you can use as a guide:
Fireman Resume Sample
William P. Jones
55 Centerville Road, Stowe, VT64897
Top-performing firefighting professional with 8+ years of firefighting experience. Well-versed in performing emergency aid work, such as administering First Aid. Effectively able to tackle fires, in accordance with set rules, procedures, and protocols.
• Devised a community fire education program, as a result, decreased fire incidents by 50%.
• Introduced the concept of fire drills, hence, reducing logistics problems during emergency calls.
• Implemented a preventative maintenance system, therefore, increased equipment life by 55%.
• Handled back to backfire emergencies during a time span of 18 hours.
St. George Fire Protection, Stowe, VT | 2011-present
• Check fire equipment in order to ensure good working order.
• Respond to calls from dispatchers regarding fire incidents.
• Ensure that fire trucks are properly equipped to fight fires.
• Use hoses and pipes in order to put out fires.
• Minimize damage caused by fire.
• Rescue people and pets from burning buildings.
• Set up ladders and fire equipment.
• Provide emergency medical services.
• Remove debris from fire scenes.
• Write accurate reports of fire incidents.
Centerra Firefighters, Stowe, VT| 2009-2011
• Manned the PABX and responded to calls for assistance.
• Provided firemen with information on fire incidents.
• Assisted in setting up fire equipment and materials.
• Ensured that fire equipment such as hoses and water supplies were in good order.
• Assisted in preparing fireman to disembark on firefighting projects.
High School Diploma
Stow High School, Stowe, VT
|Call Response||Drills||Emergency Handling|
|Communication Equipment Operations||Inspections||Hydrant Operations|
|Rescue||Equipment Maintenance||Codes Enforcement|
|Fire Damage Minimization||Fire Education||Fire Prevention|