As a fireman or a firefighter, there will be a lot of responsibility on your shoulders. And it is important that you show a recruiter that you are capable of handling it in a resume.
Technically, a fireman resume should summarize all that you are capable of doing, and have done in the past in this role.
When writing a resume for a fireman position, make sure that you highlight your ability to handle fires of all levels.
Your resume should be complete, with accurate information such as knowledge of using firefighting equipment in it.
Here is a sample that you can use as a guide:
Fireman Resume Example
William P. Jones
Top-performing firefighting professional with 8+ years of firefighting experience. Well-versed in performing emergency aid work, such as administering First Aid. Effectively able to tackle fires, in accordance with set rules, procedures, and protocols.
- Call Response
- Emergency Handling
- Equipment Operations
- Fire Hydrant Operations
- Equipment Maintenance
- Codes Enforcement
- Fire Damage Minimization
- Fire Education
- Fire Prevention
St. George Fire Protection, Stowe, VT
Jun 2018 – present
• Check fire equipment in order to ensure good working order.
• Respond to calls from dispatchers regarding fire incidents.
• Ensure that fire trucks are properly equipped to fight fires.
• Use hoses and pipes in order to put out fires.
• Minimize damage caused by fire.
• Rescue people and pets from burning buildings.
• Set up ladders and fire equipment.
• Provide emergency medical services.
• Remove debris from fire scenes.
• Write accurate reports of fire incidents.
• Devised a community fire education program, decreased fire incidents by 50%.
• Introduced the concept of fire drills, reducing logistics problems during emergency calls.
• Implemented a preventative maintenance system that increased equipment life by 55%.
• Handled back-to-backfire emergencies during a time span of 18 hours.
Centerra Firefighters, Stowe, VT
Sep 2015 – Jun 2018
• Managed telephone exchanges and responded to calls for assistance.
• Provided firemen with information on fire incidents.
• Assisted in setting up fire equipment and materials.
• Ensured that fire equipment such as hoses and water supplies were in good order.
• Helped in preparing firemen to disembark on firefighting projects.
High School Diploma
Stow High School, Stowe, VT
Sample Skills for Fireman Resume
- Fire incidents responding
- Firefighting equipment preparation
- Rescue equipment operations
- Ladders and fire hoses use
- Fire spread handling
- Trapped people and pets rescue
- Emergency medical services
- Fire scene inspection
- Cause identification
- Debris and burnt items removal
- Distress and suffering minimization
- First Aid and CPR.
- People’s and pets’ safety
- Fires extinguishing
- Public information and education
- Firefighting equipment cleaning
- Preventative maintenance of firefighting equipment
- Minor repairs
- Fire drills
- Fire risks determination
- Firefighting equipment use demonstration