A typical workday in a firefighter’s life consists of combating fires engendered by arson, natural disasters, or accidents.
These are highly trained professionals who provide fire suppressing services and may also aid paramedics in their activities and attempts to save victims of fires.
In order to apply for a firefighter position, you will be required to write a resume.
For your guidance, the following are two sample resumes for a firefighter position.
Firefighter Resume Example 1
Experience: 10+ Years
300 Cleveland Avenue, Flint, MI 48021
chrisevans @ email . com
Verifiable track record of providing support and assistance at scenes of accidents, crashes, and commercial and residential fires.
A seasoned firefighter with vast exposure to life-threatening situations and an inherent ability to respond to them efficiently by employing exceptional skills in firefighting and emergency management. Highly effective in rendering assistance in emergency cases by following strict SOPs and emergency handling techniques. Effectively provide first aid and CPR support in the absence of ambulance services.
• Emergency Response
• Fire Prevention Operations
• Incident Evaluation
• Fire Apparatus Operations
• Fire Safety Directives
• Equipment Maintenance
• Fire Behavior Comprehension
• Successfully extinguished a large-scale fire that broke out in a local hotel by effectively deploying a team on all corners of the building.
• Trained 15 newly certified firefighters in firefighting work and disseminated their services across the city office.
• Prevented a possible fire from erupting in a commercial building by recognizing early signs of a hazardous situation and promptly alerting the building management.
• Introduced a new firefighting apparatus which increased firefighting efficiency by 80% owing to its 4-nozzle technology.
City of Flint, Flint, MI
6/2013 – Present
• Respond to emergency calls by quickly obtaining and recording important information such as location and caller’s identity
• Gather and coordinate the efforts of the firefighting team and provide them with heads up as they prepare for dispatch
• Ascertain that all firefighting equipment and apparatus are in good working order
• Drive fire truck to the incident and ascertain that it is set up as quickly as possible
• Handle water hoses appropriately by setting proper pressure and ensure that it is pointed correctly
Fire Department Assistant
AA Company, Flint, MI
7/2010 – 6/2013
• Assisted in rescuing people trapped at the scene for fire by following standard protocols for rescue
• Provided first aid and CPR to victims of fires and crashes to ensure their wellbeing before an ambulance arrives
• Created logs and reports regarding each incident by ensuring that all relevant information is added
• Performed preventative and general maintenance on firefighting trucks, apparatuses, and equipment
Flint Fire Prevention, Flint, MI
2/2009 – 7/2010
• Serviced emergency calls by obtaining important information such as the location of the incident and callers’ identities.
• Promptly relayed information to the firefighting team and assisted them in preparing for dispatch
• Accompanied firefighting team to the scene of the incident and assisted them in setting up equipment
• Provided assistance to victims of fire breakouts and car crashes by providing them with emotional and physical support
• Cleaned and maintained firefighting equipment and trucks on a regular basis
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Current CPAT Certification – State of Michigan
Flint High School, Flint, MI – 2004
High School Diploma
” I can educate individuals about fire safety and potential risks and ways of handling them appropriately.”
Firefighter Resume Template 2
Experience: 5+ Years
125 Pony Ave| Oklahoma City, OK 63535
(000) 957-8565 | Email
Eager to save life and property
• 5+ years of experience working as a Firefighter
• Ability to assist in suppressing different types of fires by using appropriate extinguishing agents
• Highly skilled in operating fire control equipment and performing salvaging operations
• Achieved success in controlling a particular wildfire at a local gas station by employing quick thinking and strategizing immediate fire suppression plans
• Promoted from apprentice to firefighter in under three months following excellent in providing auxiliary services to the team
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Hazard Identification • Scenes Survey
• Victim Stabilization • Distress Minimization
• Equipment Handling • Immediate Rescue
City of Oklahoma– Oklahoma, OK
January 2015 – Present
- Respond to fire alarms and rush to the scene of the fire
- Apply the stream of water to suppress fire where appropriate
- Use extinguishing agents to suppress fire where needed
- Create ventilation openings in buildings to let in air for survivors
- Assist paramedics in providing CPR and first aid services
- Administer other medical care to injured people
City of Oklahoma– Oklahoma, OK
November 2015 – January 2017
- Managed maintenance on water hoses and nozzles
- Assisted in cleaning and maintaining firefighting equipment and tools
- Organized inventory and supplies as instructed
- Provided office assistance in terms of correspondence and other paperwork
St. Peter’s College – Oklahoma City, OK
Associates Degree in Fire Science – 2009
- Excellent physical dexterity
- Well-honed judgment
- Problem-solving and decision-making
- “Can do” attitude
- Attention to Detail
Related: Firefighter Cover Letter Sample