So you are now at the last stage of the factory worker job application process i.e. the interview – and you thinking to see some possible questions and answers. Understandable.
Interviews are fearful things as they provide us with the last chance to show our worth to a prospective employer.
No worries. Just go in with a bang and do your thing! If you have come this far, you will definitely go further too!
The following set of factory worker interview questions and answers will help you in this regard.
Factory Worker Interview Question and Answers
1. The work of a factory worker is particular to no industry. How do you feel about that?
It is true that factory workers perform a lot of different duties when hired in different environments. This is quite interesting as one gets to acquire experience in different industries – and one always looks forward to the job!
2. What specific skills do you possess that make you a good fit to work as a factory worker?
I am physically dexterous and lift and move up to 80lbs. Additionally, I can work on my feet for long hours and have the ability to learn new things quickly.
3. In a production environment, what do you think your specific duties will be?
Setting up and operating production machinery, calibrating machines, determining materials requirements, assembling goods on conveyor belts and monitoring processes will be my specific duties while working as a factory worker.
4. Do you have a specific way of ensuring quality control of the end product?
I make sure that I monitor each process in detail so that the end result conforms to quality standards set by the company. I also make sure that I follow the GIGO rule – if quality ingredients are fed to the system, it will churn out a quality end product.
5. As far as end products are concerned, how do you make sure that the final packed product is in sync with quality control standards?
Once it is time for inspection, I make sure that I isolate damaged products and those that do not conform to standards. I then make sure that only quality end products are packed and delivered to the warehouse or customers.
6. What role does machine/equipment maintenance play in production/factory work?
Preventative and general maintenance of factory machinery and equipment is extremely important. This is because factory schedules do not provide leeway for downtime as there are deadlines to meet. If proper maintenance is performed, chances of problems and downtime become low.
7. As far as actual duties are concerned, how do you spend your workday?
Assembling raw materials, ensuring that machine temperatures are maintained, assessing the quality of raw materials, carrying out inspection and monitoring duties, and ensuring that the end product is properly packed and labeled are all in a day’s work for me.