A major step in applying for an entry-level dispatcher position is writing a resume.
This is a great opportunity to showcase your skills and knowledge even if you haven’t worked as a dispatcher before.
For an entry-level Dispatcher resume, it is important to focus on your transferable skills, rather than experience.
In your entry-level dispatcher resume, focus on what you know about receiving emergency calls, and recording significant information.
Since you should not apply for a job without first researching the position, you should know what the work is in a nutshell, so that you can intelligently create an entry-level dispatcher resume.
Here is a great resume example for you to get ideas from:
Sample Resume for Entry-Level Dispatcher with No Experience
874 Untie Road SE
Hardworking and detail-oriented Dispatcher with recent dispatcher training seeking a position at ABC Cargo. Bringing skills in taking dispatch calls and recording important information to address problems and provide solutions. Ability to plan, prioritize, problem-solve, and adapt to change.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Understanding of DOT safety regulations
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Working independently, as well as part of a team
- Reliable and flexible
Dispatcher Training Program
West Miami Technical College, Miami, FL – 2022
- The foundations of transportation
- Dispatch operations
- Fleet administration & maintenance
- Securing a load
- Safety & Compliance
- Transporting hazardous goods
Dispatch Unit Intern
Sherburne Help, Miami, FL
1/2022 – 3/2022
- Assisted in receiving phone calls.
- Made reports of calls for help, such as writing down numbers and addresses.
- Created call logs on a shift basis.
- Assisted in addressing problems that could be resolved on the phone.
- Expedited dispatch system to ensure that help was sent quickly.
- Monitored the route and status of field personnel and reported to the supervisor.
- Entered important calls and dispatch data into the system.
- Cultivated strong relationships with dispatchers, and remained in touch with them constantly.
- MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Internet and Email
- TMW dispatch software
- Phone Etiquettes
- Conflict Resolution
Assisted the local church with many events in a volunteer position
Offered services to the local food bank