A waitress is responsible for taking customer’s orders, serving food and beverages and performing other duties as assigned. She usually works at restaurants, taverns, clubs, hotels, bars, banquet halls and private establishments.
The main purpose of a waitress resume is to show that you have the right hospitality skills, abilities and experiences essential to be successful as a waitress. In fact, your resume is an advertisement for yourself; it is supposed to be written in a way which persuade the reader to invite you for an interview.
Waitress Resume Tips
• Employers need a proof of your skills and accomplishments, therefore mention your quantified achievements.
• Understand the employer’s needs and expectations and address the same concisely.
• Find out the culture of the prospective organization and the type of guests they serve – express knowledge of the same.
• Verify that your contact details are updated and accurate.
The following resume samples are specially designed to assist those applicants who are looking for a waitress job.
See also: Waitress Cover Letter for Resume
Waitress Resume Sample 1
560 Watson Street • Miami, FL 82321 • (006) 333- 2222 • olivia @ email . com
Very friendly and customer service-oriented Waitress with 7 years’ firsthand experience in food service and hospitality field. Highly skilled in guest interaction, menu and food presentation and mixing and serving of beverages as per request. Enhanced customer satisfaction and overall patrons’ ratio by demonstration of high quality hospitality etiquette. Multilingual: English, Spanish and French.
|– Menu Presentation||– Order Synchronization||– Food Service|
|– Table Setting||– Table Clearing||– Salad Preparation|
|– Beverage Preparation||– Guest Reception||– POS Handling|
|– Bill Processing||– Station Set-up||– Special Items Promotion|
• Demonstrated high quality guest service etiquette enhancing positive feedback by 30%
• Increased 70% sales of daily specials and signature dishes through effective promotion strategies
• Implemented WHO approved hygiene and sanitation guidelines in the service area
• Earned the ‘best waitress award’ twice
KIMPTON RESTAURANT, Miami, FL
Waitress | 8/2012 to Present
• Explain various dishes on the menu to patrons and make recommendations
• Take orders and relayed the same to kitchen staff
• Ensure simultaneous preparation of all orders for a single table and serve in professional manner
• Inform patrons of each day specials
• Describe meal constituents and cooking methods to patrons
• Take dishes and glasses away from tables and counters
• Prepare list of overall meal costs along with sales taxes
• Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens
• Calculate meal costs and add taxes for final bill calculation
• Receive debit/credit card and cash payments
INTERSTATE RESORT, Miami, FL
Food Runner/Server | 6/2007 to 7/2010
• Greeted guests, took orders and served the same
• Cleared tables and set them before and after the guests left
• Assisted in kitchen when needed
• Prepared food and mixed beverages as required
• Stocked bussing stations
• Cleaned stations and swept floors
• Assisted other restaurant personnel and performed room service
ST. LAWRENCE HIGH SCHOOL, Miami, FL | 2007
High School Diploma
EXCERPT FROM REFERENCE
She has a great knowledge of many cuisines and cultural food preferences.
– Jade Thompson, Manager, KIMPTON RESTAURANT, Miami, FL
Waitress Resume Sample 2 (Less Experienced/Career Changers)
35 Watson Avenue ● Stafford, VA 62335 ● T: (000) 414-1421 ● E: keira @ email . com
Seeking a position as a Waitress with Athalia’s Seafood utilizing exceptional hospitality skills and ability to provide prompt and courteous service to the patrons in order maximize revenue and customer satisfaction.
• Over 4 years’ progressively responsible experience as a waitress and server
• Highly skilled in serving food and beverages to guests and patrons
• In-depth knowledge of standard operating procedures of hotels and resorts
• Well-versed in presenting bill and accepting payment
• Adept at maintaining inventory of beverages and wine glassware
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Greet patrons, present menus, give suggestions and reply questions
• Orders taking and relaying to kitchen and bar staff
• Preparing and serving specialty foods at tables
• Assist guests in menu selection and provide accurate and detailed information
• Recommend beverages that complement patrons’ meals
Pescatore Restaurant – Stafford, VA | May 2015 – Present
• Greet guests and accompany them to their tables
• Present menus and respond to any questions regarding menu items
• Serve food and beverages
• Check regularly with guests to make sure that they are enjoying their meals
• Take necessary action to resolve any complaints
• Prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables
• Reorganized beverages inventory procedures, shortening process time by 30%
• Trained and coordinated activities of 5 server assistants, whose efforts resulted in raising the profits by $8000 per month
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide – New York, NY | Jan 2013 – May 2015
• Delivered food to the guests promptly and of the proper temperature
• Deposited dishes properly in the dish room
• Cleaned and set tables to restaurant standards
• Emptied trash containers
• Performed buffet set-up and replenished items
• Designed and implemented a new food serving strategy that resulted in 20% increase of sales
NY City College, New York, NY | 2010
Associate of Arts in Hospitality Management
• Major: Food Service Strategies