A Physical Therapist Assistant is also known as a Physiotherapy assistant and occupational therapy assistant.
These professionals work under licensed physical therapists and assist them in accomplishing therapy programs such as traction, thermotherapy, and hydrotherapy to recover patients with different injuries or disabilities to make the best use of their ability to manage daily activities without help.
How to Write a PTA Resume?
A Physical Therapist Assistant resume is one to two page summary of your personal, educational, and practical qualifications.
If you want to write a good resume, you should keep it concise and select information that supports your job objective and develop your positive image in the mind of the reader.
Your resume may get as little as 10 – 20 seconds consideration to ensure that essential information is readily visible.
The following sample resume is designed in a way that gives a good impression in a short period of time.
Use this example along with this PTA Cover Letter in order to build a complete job application package.
See also: PTA Resume No Experience
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Resume Sample
37 Example Street, Ironton, OH 65273
Physical Therapist Assistant
• Over 8 years’ experience as a Physical Therapist Assistant
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with the patients, families, physicians, and co-workers regarding the nature of the patient’s problem and treatment plan.
• Special talent for evaluating the level of function by applying diagnostic and prognostic functional ability tests.
• Hands-on experience in muscle re-education; gait, ADL, transfer, functional, and prosthetic training.
• Familiar with ultraviolet and infrared lamps, whirlpool, contrast baths diathermy, ultrasound, and moist packs.
• Highly skilled in assessment, planning, and implementation of the therapy program.
[Mention your accomplishments here]
Encore Rehabilitation Services – Ironton, OH | 2013 – Present
• Assist Physical Therapist in implementing the patient’s treatment plan
• Implement a treatment plan derived from the interpretation of the assessment
• Document and file all patient related activities
• Administer Physical Therapy Assistant students for the duration of their clinical affiliations
• Monitor compliance with all appropriate laws and regulations
Physical Therapist Aide
LaVie Rehab – Gatesville, NC | 2010 – 2013
• Helped PT in the treatment of patients
• Took part in patient screenings
• Attended facility meetings
• Documented development of identified objectives
ABC College, Gatesville, NC – 2009
Associate of Applied Science in Physical Therapist Assistance
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
• Current Ohio State PTA License
• Basic Life Support (BLS)