Physical Therapy Techs work with physical therapy team to assist patients with painful conditions that may affect mobility.
They are trained individuals who usually provide direct patient care under the supervision of a physical therapist.
The following is a sample resume and a cover letter for Physical Therapy Tech that will provide you with a good idea what employers need to know and what the career profile of the candidate should consist of.
Sample Physical Therapy Tech Resume
7 Union Street, Manchester, NH 66373
(000) 933-9009, Email
Uniquely qualified Physical Therapy Tech with over 7 years of hands-on experience in assisting with both clinical and administrative operations of a physical therapy facility. Highly skilled in preparing patients and procedure rooms according to individual needs. Effectively assists with different physical therapy procedures. In-depth knowledge of the need for patient observation at all times.
• Keen organizational and communication skills
• Excellent administrative and customer service skills
• Proven ability to use and maintain physical therapy equipment
• Demonstrated ability to exercise emotional control at all times
• Able to apply safe work practices
• Acquired PHYSED award for providing outstanding physical therapy services to Bala Hospital’s patients.
• Created rehabilitation programs for people with sports injuries that interacted with each patient on a personal level to understand the needs of the patients efficiently.
Rehab Plus – Manchester, NH | 2009 – Present
Physical Therapy Technician
• Prepare patients for procedures.
• Prepare procedure rooms for patients.
• Assemble equipment necessary for procedures.
• Assist physical therapist by helping out during procedures.
• Help in the supervision of patients.
Rehab Plus – Manchester, NH | 2008 – 2009
Physical Therapy Aide
• Assisted patients in exercises and rehab routines.
• Ensured adequate supply of resources.
• Operated physical therapy machinery.
• Managed clerical and administrative duties.
• Received payments from patients.
• Provided pre and post-procedure information to patients and families.
Certification in Physical Therapy Assistance – 2010
High School Diploma – 2008