A bank teller processes and records routine transactions correctly and professionally for bank customers.
They are responsible for cashing checks, managing deposits and removals, processing loan payments and money transfers. Additionally, they introduce the bank’s new products and services to existing and potential customers.
How to Write a Winning Cover Letter for Bank Teller Position?
See the following 5 tips to write write a great cover letter:
- Use banking terminology, keywords, and an easy-to-scan format.
- Read the bank teller job description provided by the employer before writing your cover letter.
- Highlight some of your skills and accomplishments.
- Show how can you contribute to the success of the future employer using your qualifications.
- Make it short and to-the-point.
Below are two well-written cover letter samples for Bank Teller Resume.
Bank Teller Cover Letter Sample 1
(6+ Years Experience)
540 Tetragon Sq, Bristol, CT 58744
September 19, 2020
Mr. Jason Crane
The Bank of America
870 Rochester Blvd
Bristol, CT 65003
Dear Mr. Crane:
Your advertisement for the Bank Teller position piqued my interest because your job description perfectly complements my qualifications and skills. As a results-driven banking professional with exceptional customer service skills, I firmly believe I am the right candidate for this position.
Performing all kinds of banking transactions, including account withdrawals and deposits while maintaining positive customer relations is my niche. For the past four years, I have been consistently proving my ability to conduct a proper trial balancing of the allotted cash drawer with utmost precision and accuracy.
Some highlights of my professional qualifications include:
- Six years of extensive experience in cash handling, record keeping, and drawer management.
- Ability to provide detailed information to customers regarding bank services while cross-selling bank products.
- Adept at balancing auto teller machines, teller cash dispensers, and teller cash recyclers.
- Exceptional talent for guiding clients based on their financial needs.
The attached resume details my strengths and career achievements. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss how I may make similar contributions to the success of The Bank of America and your team.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Bank Teller Cover Letter Sample 2
(1-5 Years’ Experience)
547 E North Street
Houston, TX 57885
September 19, 2020
Mr. John Chris
The Bank of America
142 Some Street
Houston, TX 52287
Dear Mr. Chris:
I am writing to express a keen interest in the Bank Teller position at The Bank of America, as posted on your website. With a strong aspiration to provide quality customer service and 3+ years of hands-on experience in handling banking transactions, I am confident that I will excel in this role.
My following attributes make me an ideal contender:
- Well-versed in processing customers’ cash deposits and withdrawals; checks, transfers, money orders, travel cheques, and bills, and credit card payments.
- Ability to count the cash quickly and accurately.
- Competent at answering customers’ questions regarding their accounts.
- Highly skilled in recording transactions manually and electronically.
- Expert in managing all operations promptly and accurately in compliance with bank policies.
The traits mentioned above, coupled with my customer-focused approach, will enable me to exceed your expectations. I’d welcome an opportunity to meet with you to discuss my skills in detail. I will call your office after one week to follow-up and can be reached at (000) 210-2541 in the interim.
Thank you for considering my credentials for a Teller job at The Bank of America.
Cover letters for the bank teller position are the most critical part of your job search. In fact, your cover letter can “make or break” your chance to obtain a highly paid job with a bank.
A bank teller cover letter provides you with an excellent opportunity to relate yourself to the job description provided by the prospective employer.
Remember that the only purpose of the cover letter is to motivate the recruiter to read your resume.