Bank tellers work in a financial setting and their main responsibility is to interact with clients and provide them with cash and check transaction services.
The nature of their job is sensitive and hence they are screened well before they are hired.
A well written resume can be a door opener to an awesome job opportunity. Never undermine the importance of your resume for bank teller position. Invest ample amount of time and brain in building your resume.
Bank Teller Resume Tips
• Include powerful action words to magnify your experience section.
• Shortlist a few of your achievements that correspond to the employer’s requirements.
• Be accurate while stating your experience, you might be cross checked.
• Use a professional title for your performance summary.
• Choose a format that is meant for your profile. One size does not fit all.
Following are 2 examples of bank teller resume for your guidance in this regard.
Related: Bank Teller Cover Letter Sample
Bank Teller Resume Sample 1
55 Yale Horizon • Fairmont, WV 54344 • (006) 320-8541 • charles @ email . com
Poised to outperform in fast-paced banking environment. Repeating record of achievement with major financial institutions.
Ambitious, detail-oriented banking professional with 9+ years’ track record of success in the capacity of a bank teller. Recipient of numerous prestigious customer service awards for consistently increasing positive feedback. Possesses deep expertise in processing financial transactions, handling customers and foreign currency accounts management. Skilled in use of computers and various automated financial software. Fluent in English and Spanish.
|✓ Deposits/Withdrawals||✓ Advances Handling||✓ Check Processing|
|✓ Accounts Balancing||✓ Bonds/coupon Issuance||✓ Direct Deposits|
|✓ Loan Payments||✓ Mortgage Guidance||✓ Financial Analysis|
|✓ Merchant Transactions||✓ Asset Management||✓ Cross-selling|
CITIBANK, Fairmont, WV
Teller | 7/2011 to Present
• Greet clients and assist them in financial transactions.
• Maintain and balance cash drawer on daily basis.
• Supervise foreign currency accounts and personally monitor transactions above $5m.
• Identify referral opportunities and cross sell bank services effectively.
• Reduced manual transaction processing time by 50% through implementation of quick and fool proof, modern bank telling strategies.
• Up-sold financial services by 20% within first six months of employment by demonstrating high quality customer care and client referral protocol.
• Earned employee of the month 5 times during tenure at CITI Bank.
FAIRMONT BANK, Fairmont, WV
Bank Teller | 4/2008 to 6/2011
• Processed client requests and provided information related to banking procedures, transaction time and requested financial services.
• Handled cash drawer and oversaw ATM operations.
• Enhanced overall mortgage clientele by 30% through client referrals and telephonic marketing
• Trained a team of 5 new employees regarding bank procedures and cash drawer handling protocol
St. Louis Technical College, Fairmont, WV | 2008
B.S., Financial Management
Bank Teller Resume Sample 2
736 Beatty Road ♦ Crocker, MO 73634 ♦ (900) 099-9999 ♦ Email
Looking for a Bank Teller position at First Financial Credit utilizing keen accounting and cashiering experience in order to contribute to the organization’s mission.
• Three years’ progressive work experience as a Bank Teller
• Highly skilled in cashing checks, accepting deposits and loan payments, and processing withdrawals
• Functional knowledge of performing specialized tasks such as personal money orders
• Able to record all transactions in a prompt and efficient manner
• Hands on experience in providing exceptional customer service and resolving clients’ accounts issues
• In depth knowledge of examining instruments for endorsements and verification purposes
• Proficient in using computers and other office equipment
• Bilingual – English and Spanish
SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Great attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and analytic skills
• Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations
• Strong banking concepts
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment
EXCELLENCE IN BANKING
• Achieved success in pulling out a fraudulent activity by endorsing check verification processes
• Conducted auditing of all dormant accounts and soliciting business from them
Feb 2016 – Present
Hudson City Savings – Crocker, MO
• Maintain contact with clients regarding cash and checking services.
• Handle deposits, withdrawals, money orders, cashier and travelers’ checks and credit card advances.
• Balance cash drawers.
• Cross-sell bank products and services.
• Transfer funds and accept loan payments.
• Examine checks for endorsements.
• Perform data entry services regarding clients’ accounts and transactions.
Jan 2014 – Feb 2016
First National Bank of Omaha – Fort Collins, CO
• Provided the customer service in person, by telephone and by email.
• Processed checks and other transactions.
• Managed transfers between accounts and automatic distribution forms.
• Recorded amounts received and prepared reports of transactions.
• Performed transactions in accordance with member’s request.
• Redeemed US Savings Bonds and balanced ATM.
• Operated on‑line teller terminal.
St. Peter Community College, Fort Collins, CO
Bachelor of Business and Finance
Minors: Customer Service