Great are the resumes that bring instant results – unfortunately, great resumes are hard to come by, and even harder to create.
If you go through the following resume sample, you may get a fair idea of what lines a resume should be written along:
Server Technician Resume Example
Akron, OH 46021
jasonander @ email . com
• Innovate and technology-savvy individual with over 7 years of experience in installing and decommissioning switches and data servers within a data center capacity.
• Proficient in operational and maintenance support to all virtual and physical servers within assigned areas, and providing tier-1 support solutions to cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
• Competent in patching equipment in data centers, and handling installations of copper patching.
• Effectively able to respond to requests for support in a timely and efficient manner.
• Highly skilled in analyzing incidents, problems, and systems information to show trends and potential problem areas.
• Problem Analysis • Documentation Production
• Server Monitoring • Troubleshooting
• Configuration • Performance Monitoring
• Hardware Maintenance • Exceptions Identification
• Improvement Proposals • Server Assembly
• Installation Support • System Integration
• Installed 17 servers within 2 days, during a rush project.
• Troubleshot a problematic print server successfully, which had been in limbo for 4 days.
• Introduced the concept of preventative maintenance on servers, leading to decreased incidents of breakdowns.
• Successfully implemented a performance monitoring system, which was considered 85% more efficient than the one in place.
Milestone, Akron, OH
5/2019 – Present
• Install and configure servers and ensure that they are properly maintained on a regular basis
• Select the right type of server or build servers according to specified instructions
• Assist in the transition from outdated servers, and ensure that new ones are installed and configured
• Configure and integrate servers with existing servers, and ensure that they are kept up and running at all times
• Test servers to ensure that they are in good working order and that any issues are handled in a timely manner
• Conduct investigations on system performances, and create proposals for required improvements
• Produce documents for all server systems, in accordance with specified protocols
• Ensure that requests for support are processed in an immediate manner
IT Server Technician
ITAC Solutions, Akron, OH
2/2011 – 5/2014
• Installed and maintained computer systems such as desktops and peripherals
• Ensured that both software and hardware were updated and installed properly
• Assisted in performing troubleshooting activities on systems, ensuring that downtime was minimized
• Provided users with information on how to handle complex computer commands
• Offered support in creating user documentation and ensured that proper support logs were maintained
Associate’s Degree in Information Technology
Ohio State University, Akron, OH
Server Technician Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and oversee various server infrastructure components and logs, and ensure that they are in sync with protocols.
- Handle network design, configuration, and deployment activities.
- Respond to calls for support through email, on the phone, and in person, and provide suggestions to resolve issues.
- Make physical visits to server stations to determine problems and limitations, and provide required solutions.
- Install necessary hardware and software, and ensure that both are updated on a regular basis.
- Select systems, or build them from scratch, along with configuring and integrating them appropriately.
- Schedule routine maintenance tasks on assigned servers, to ensure that downtime is eradicated.
- Intervene in situations that require an immediate response such as external virus or malware threats.
- Assist in a customer service role, by helping users understand and work with new technology.
- Perform cabling and device patch paneling activities, ensuring that all devices and cables are safely secured.
- Ensure that all systems are kept updated, through operating system upgrades.
- Oversee and monitor web performance, and network availability, and evaluate connectivity issues as and when they arise.