Mobile technicians are certified professionals, skilled in troubleshooting cellular devices, android devices, tablets, smartphones, and laptops.
If you are applying for a mobile technician position, you will need to write a resume.
Here is a sample mobile technician resume for your guidance.
Sample Resume for Mobile Technician
San Diego, CA
alexis .benjamin @ email . com
Highly skilled and proactive, Apple-certified iOS mobile technician with 5+ years of experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting android devices, smartphones, and tablets. Bringing strong communication skills with proven ability to communicate effectively with customers and company; expert in warranty processing.
• Well-versed in running function tests on various devices.
• Adept at identifying and troubleshooting faults in hardware and software of devices.
• Proficient in installing operating systems and updating the same.
• Knowledgeable of features of various operating systems and their supporting settings.
• Trained in processing warranty claims for part and device repair and replacement.
Unduit Wireless, San Diego CA
May 2022 – Present
• Reduced accessory acquisition time by 20% by taking vendors on panels and ensuring a timely supply of accessories.
• Replaced damaged parts and broken screens as needed.
• Communicated with the customers to ascertain the cause of the fault.
• Acquired and installed accessories and parts of broken and faulty devices.
• Ran diagnostic tests and resolved software and hardware faults.
• Installed and updated software systems as needed.
Assistant Mobile Technician
Steris, San Diego CA
Aug 2015 – Apr 2020
• Maintained 5-star customer rating for 2 years straight thanks to excellent customer service.
• Greeted the walk-in customers and asked questions to ascertain the fault in their devices.
• Referred to various cell phone manuals to keep my knowledge updated and ensure the proper settings of the devices.
• Helped customers in processing warranty claims if qualified.
• Ran functionality tests on devices to help in fault identification and troubleshooting.
• ACiT certification (Huawei)
• iOS certification (Apple)
• ITIL Foundation Certification (V2)
BS Degree in Electronics
University of California, CA
Mobile Technician Job Description for Resume
Before writing a resume for a Mobile Technician position, it is highly advisable to see a list of common duties and responsibilities associated with this role.
Below are some sample job descriptions statements you can use in a mobile technician resume.
- Install and update phone software and troubleshoot any hardware and software-related problems found.
- Run tests to assess the mobile phone’s functionality.
- Repair and replace damaged parts or accessories including batteries, LCD screens, Keypad buttons, etc., as required
- Diagnose and repair broken and malfunctioning mobile phones of various brands.
- Maintain a pleasant demeanor and assist clients with problematic devices calmly.
- Travel remotely to troubleshoot clients’ mobile-related issues at their location as needed.
- Greet walk-in customers courteously and listen to their problems patiently.
- Have a clear conversation with the customers to find out specific details of the problem.
- Run tests to check phone functionality and diagnose the source of apparent problems.
- Quote repair and replacement prices after detailed and careful examination and diagnostic testing of the mobile.
- Recommend parts replacement or accessory installment in order to solve the issue.
- Work diligently to repair the phones and return them to customers within the agreed timeframe.
- Arrange parts from suppliers if they are not available in the store inventory.
- Facilitate the communication between the customer and the warranty channel to claim repairs and replacements that fall under warranty.
- Monitor and update the inventory for parts and accessories regularly and make sure each entry made is accounted for.
- Generate invoices for customers and charge them accordingly upon collection of repaired devices.
- Diagnose faults and troubleshoot software-related issues by carrying out system restoration, software updating, and settings adjustment as needed.
- Use diagnostic equipment and hardware accessory tools effectively throughout the troubleshooting process.
- Keep records of all parts replaced and repaired.
- Talk to customers on phone and answer their device-related queries in a polite manner.
- Test the repaired devices and check the functionality of the repaired device before handing it over.
- Plan and implement the order of repair strategies and troubleshooting after the initial diagnosis and set a timeframe for the process.
- Replace damaged glass and screen on devices with broken screens.
- Consult and refer to cell phone manuals to make required changes in settings as per customer needs.
Mobile Technician Skills for Resume
- Well-versed in running functionality tests to ascertain the condition of different devices.
- Adept at installing and updating of operating systems in Android and Apple devices and tablets.
- Skilled in repairing and replacing delicate parts of smartphones, cellular phones, tablets, and laptops.
- Expert in ascertaining quality, life, power, and charging capacity of fixed and removable lithium ion and lithium polymer batteries.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of various operating systems and their updated versions.
- Familiar with various telecommunications systems including GSM, CDMA, and WDMA.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify and troubleshoot basic hardware and software problems.
- Proficient in repairing devices that have been in contact with water, heat, or light.
- Skilled in replacing broken screens and glass protectors with neatness.
- Apt at eliminating errors like hanging, locking, and slow processing.
- Talented in installing, updating, and downloading required operating systems and relevant updates compatible with the device.
- Proven skills in recommending, acquiring, and fitting device-compatible SIM cards, memory cards, and data cards as needed.
- Expert in the restoration of useful data.
- Proficient in inventory keeping and record maintenance.
- Skilled in processing transactions, operating POS, and generating invoices.
- Expert in warranty processing for part repair and replacement.
- Proficient in troubleshooting, diagnosis, repair, and replacement methods.
- Skilled in testing refurbished cellular devices and evaluating their selling cost.
- Strong numeracy skills with the ability to generate realistic repair and replacement cost estimates.
- Familiarity with various online apps and updates to ensure the smooth running of iOS software.
- Adept at using electronic and hand tools needed to test and repair faulty devices.
- Proficient in acquiring and arranging various parts and accessories through market vendors in a limited time.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Skilled in giving accurate cost estimations and timelines to clients at the time of device submission.
- Apt at running function tests to check the performance of the devices post-repair.
- Expert in assessing battery life and wiring of devices.