The best resumes for auto body painter position are those that meet the employer’s needs from every angle.
Like the sample provided below:
Auto Body Painter Resume Example
996 Prince Street
Hawthorne, NY 21858
benjaminpole @ email . com
AUTO BODY PAINTER
Driven to produce quality auto body painting results.
Exceptionally talented Auto Body Painter with a successful track record of performing high-quality paint work on a all kinds vehicles. Strong organizational skills, with profound ability to multitask and finish paint jobs in a time-efficient manner. Excel in:
• Determining necessary application of paint to ensure a thorough coat and effectively checking for sags and runs.
• Accurately masking and protecting parts that do not need to be painted by following established procedures.
• Producing test panels to obtain industry acceptable color matches.
• Tending and operating equipment to clean, wash, strip and remove corrosions and efficiently fill dents prior to the beginning of a paint job.
– Color Matching
– Safety Standards
– Paint Mixing
– Tools Maintenance
– Surface Preparation
– Sanding and Servicing
– Parts Reassembling
– Customer Service
– Glass Masking
Auto Body Painter
RML Automotive, Hawthorne, NY
2013 – Present
• Assess vehicles that come in for paint job to determine the type of work that is required on them.
• Calculate estimates of paint jobs, communicate them to customers and obtain go-aheads.
• Remove accessories and mask glass and ensure that any parts that are not to be painted are properly covered.
• Operate color matching machines to create paint hues that are in sync with the vehicle’s original color.
• Ensure that all equipment and tools required for each paint job are available and in good working condition.
• Successfully completed a complicated auto paint job within the given deadline of 7 hours.
• Trained 5 newly hired painters in carrying out repairing and painting duties according to the standards set by the company.
Auto Body Painter
ABC Company, Hawthorne, NY
2010 – 2013
• Performed mechanical operations such as bending, pulling, shaping and straightening before applying paint to vehicles.
• Verified that all repairs were complete and meet state regulations before performing paint jobs.
• Performed paint jobs by applying standard and finishing coats according to set protocols.
• Removed protective covering from vehicles once the paint has dried.
• Ensured that the end result matches the job order.
Auto Painter Apprentice
Carvana, Hawthorne, NY
2009 – 2010
• Provided assistance in denting and shaping metal to ensure visible smooth surfaces.
• Performed paint mixing work to ensure that the correct shade is obtained.
• Masked all areas that do not need to be painted such as windows, side view mirrors and engines.
• Prepared work spaces by removing hazardous materials and ensuring that painting equipment is properly calibrated.
High School Diploma | 2008
Hawthorne High School, Hawthorne, NY