Although writing a cover letter is considered to be a tiresome task by many candidates, but this does not change the fact that cover letter has become a crucial marketing tool in the present day job market and it can work wonders in getting your resume noticed for your dream job.
Here are some effective cover letter writing tips.
• Instead of telling the employer what you have been doing, tell them what you can do for them and how you intend to do it.
• Back your claims with results. Outline your core competencies and back these up by some professional achievements.
• Show your keenness and interest by requesting an interview and communicating your application follow up plan.
Below is an apartment maintenance technician cover letter sample for your further guidance.
544 Unicorn Square • Nashville, TN 56443 • (005) 666–4444 • edgar @ email . com
October 2, 2015
Mr. Fredrick Greyson
66 Tennyson Avenue
Nashville, TN 56443
Dear Mr. Greyson:
It is with great interest that I respond to your advertised Apartment Maintenance Technician position. I believe that both my experience and skills are a perfect match to your job description and I would appreciate a careful consideration of my enclosed resume.
Commitment to delivery of highest possible customer oriented service, excellent problem solving skills and profound ability to conduct vigilant preventive maintenance have proven to be great assets for me in this role. As my resume indicates, I bring 7+ years of hands-on experience as an apartment maintenance technician and over the course of years, I have consistently proven my ability to deliver high quality service standards in terms of apartment maintenance.
I have been recognized by my past employers for the following strengths and it is with same expertise and subsequent results that I am eager apply at Goldberg Heights:
• Proven skills in building maintenance tasks including cleaning, drain unclogging, wall coloring, window glass replacement, preventive maintenance, minor electrical and plumbing repairs and heating systems service
• Excellent task prioritization and time management skills
• Demonstrated bility to read and follow instructions accurately
• Strong work ethic with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
• Familiar with OSHA applicable guidelines
• Great physical stamina – able to work for several hours consecutively
I would like to meet with you in an interview and discuss the relevance of my candidacy with your needs further. Please call me now to communicate a suitable date and time. I will also give you a call after some days to answer any queries you may have regarding my background.
Thank you for your time and consideration.