If you have ever held a resume in your hand, and have been responsible for scanning it for hiring an individual, you must know what it feels like to go through a resume that does not have much to offer.
If you don’t want a prospective employer to feel the same way, make sure that your resume is sound in format and data.
Here is a sample to help you:
Anesthesia Technician Resume Example
510 Sinking Creek Road, London, KY 55822
maria.wright @ email . com
Anesthesia Technician with 8 years of extensive experience in performing technical functions associated with the administration of anesthesia. Prepares and sets equipment for anesthesia procedures according to established protocols.
Natural ability to assist anesthetists with monitoring, induction and intubation of patients. Proven success in providing assistance in the preparation of supplies and maintenance of equipment and anesthesia delivery systems.
|✓ Patient Preparation||✓ Equipment Maintenance||✓ Inventory Management|
|✓ Equipment Setup||✓ Emergency Response||✓ Infection Control|
|✓ IV Administration||✓ Waste Control||✓ Patient Education|
|✓ Troubleshooting||✓ Procedure Monitoring||✓ Intubation Support|
GW Medical Facility, London, KY | 10/2011 – Present
• Setup and calibrate anesthesia administration equipment, ensuring that it is in good working order.
• Prepare patients for anesthesia administration by providing them with information on what to expect
• Position patients so that they are lying down comfortably and allow access to the anesthetist.
• Provide anesthetists with information on patients’ histories and medical backgrounds.
• Maintain anesthesia medication, supplies and equipment in accordance with needs and schedules.
• Clean, organize and maintain anesthesia workrooms, supplies and equipment according to established standards.
• Prepare and maintain patient monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery systems to meet the needs of various patient groups.
• Assist with the transport of patients and laboratory specimens, ensuring the safety of both at all times.
• Saved a patient’s life who went into a cardiac problem during an intubation process, by providing her with immediate CPR.
• Improvised a system to handle waste control issues, which was considered 95% more successful than the one already in place.
The Grand Surgical Hospital, London, KY | 2/2009 – 10/2011
• Assisted surgical staff members in preparing patients for procedures and surgeries.
• Laid out all required resources and supplies before the commencement of each procedure.
• Provided patients with information on surgical and anesthetic procedures in order to calm them down.
• Ascertained the cleanliness and sanitization of surgical areas on a constant basis.
• Prepared and updated patients’ charts and logs with latest information, such as response to medication.
• Effectively performed daily preventative maintenance of all equipment and troubleshot malfunctions.
• Devised a patient education plan, which was highly successful in explaining anesthesia administration procedures and outcomes to the layman.
• Implemented a supplies inventory system, replacing the old and inefficient one.
Certified Surgical Technologist – 2009
Anesthesia Delivery Systems and Monitoring – 2008
Diploma: Kentucky High School, London, KY – 2007