An infant teacher plays an important role in the physical, social, and language development of infants.
As part of an infant’s early learning procedure, an infant teacher provides not only instructional support but also offers personal care that an infant needs.
Infant teachers provide quality, nurturing care to infants under their care. Working in preschool programs that cater to the demands of infants, infant teachers demonstrate skills that are needed to address the developmental needs of infants.
Due to the sensitive nature of this role, they are required to visit their wards’ homes a few times a year so that they can familiarize themselves with the home environment of the child; this is especially important when developing customized learning programs for each infant.
Look through the following sample to see how you can create an excellent resume for the infant teacher position:
Sample Resume for Infant Teacher Position
43 Brunswick Road
Arlington, TN 02641
linda.white @ email . com
Patient and nurturing Infant Teacher with over 11+ years of experience in providing academic care to preschoolers. Highly skilled in guiding and assisting infants and toddlers based on their individual personalities and needs. Creates and develops curriculum, implements core lesson plans, and assesses each student’s developmental needs. Known to ensure a safe and positive environment for all assigned students.
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
– Curriculum Development – Behavior Management
– Student Wellbeing – Lesson Planning
– Child Assessment – Mealtime Assistance
– Emergency Handling – Parent Liaison
– Interactive Environment – Child Development
– Supervision – Expression Promotion
• Introduced a novel child development teaching strategy that was highly appreciated by both parents and the school management.
• Implemented the concept of activities-based learning, increasing the student body by 55%.
• Successfully implemented a mealtime assistance program, reducing incidents of mealtime problems.
• Devised a parent-teacher liaison metric, a one of its kind, leading to increased satisfaction from the parent body.
Little Tots, Arlington, TN
5/2019 – Present
• Work with the school management to create and implement core school curriculums
• Develop lesson plans according to the individual needs of each child
• Impart education to students, based on their specific needs, and provide one on one assistance where necessary
• Oversee classroom behavior and intervene during potentially explosive situations
• Assist students in learning basic concepts such as colors by providing individual attention
• Evaluate the progress of each student, and ensure that it is logged into their files
• Create and maintain records of students, including contact information, for emergency purposes
• Provide feedback to parents and guardians, and work with them to ensure increased classroom participation
Infant Teacher Assistant
Great Oaks School, Arlington, TN
2/2015 – 5/2019
• Assisted lead teachers in creating and implementing lesson plans and imparting education accordingly
• Oversaw the safety and well-being of each student throughout the class
• Monitored students during lunchtime and assisted them with partaking in their food
• Ensured that all students were kept safe during break time, and activities classes
• Created and maintained records of student attendance on a regular basis
Bachelor’s Degree in Education
Tennessee State University, Arlington, TN
Majors: Child Development
Infant Teacher Duties & Responsibilities
- Devise and implement early age curriculum following the institute’s directives and policies.
- Plan daily activities and instructional programs to meet the developmental needs of children.
- Ensure that each instructional and activity program is aimed at children’s social, physical, and intellectual development.
- Ensure a safe and healthy instructional environment.
- Interact with children on a daily basis by employing activities such as circle time and free play.
- Treat children by employing dignity and respect.
- Ensure that the classroom arrangement is conducive to age groups.
- Assist children in thinking creatively and in an out-of-the-box manner.
- Assess children to gauge developmental milestones.
- Record all observations appropriately.
- Discuss observations with parents on a regular basis.
- Support children’s individuality and creative expression.
- Ensure that the classroom environment supports different sights, sounds, and textures.
- Provide personal care to children such as changing diapers and washing hands.
- Ensure that children are adequately fed in a timely manner.
- Act as a positive role model for children.
- Engage children in indoor and outdoor activities.
- Enforce classroom discipline programs and award systems.
- Provide the opportunity for confidence-building by employing appropriate support and encouragement.
- Maintain and update the portfolios of each child on a constant basis.
- Ensure responsiveness to children’s emotional and physical needs.
- Set rules and limitations to ensure effective classroom management.
- Implement recommendations obtained from the institute’s management.
Infant Teacher Skills for Resume
- Preschool curriculums creation and implementation
- Lesson plans development
- Students monitoring
- Child development principles
- Children wellbeing
- Constant supervision
- Space arrangement
- Learning equipment maintenance
- Operating classrooms
- Friendly atmosphere creation
- Physical education.
- Art projects
- Sensory exploration
- Outdoor simulation