A resume for Support Worker position summarizes your professional and personal traits relevant to this profession; more professional but personal traits are important in support work job as they describe what type of a person and worker you are.
This is one of the main reasons that you need to put in some personal qualities when writing a Support Worker resume.
The following resume example along with this Support Worker Cover Letter will guide you how to craft an attractive job application set.
23 W Latimer Street, Tulsa, OK 55544
Contact #, Email
OBJECTIVE: To work for OK Metropolitan Health Service as a Support Worker where I will be able to use my skills in a role that provides ample opportunity for assisting people who have trouble maintaining day to day personal tasks.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over eight years of experience as a Support Worker
• Highly skilled in providing personal and practical care services for elderly clients as well as people with disabilities or illnesses
• In depth knowledge of preparing and imparting knowledge thereby providing assistance with skills development
• Good knowledge of supporting individual learning skills
• Proficient in providing assistance to individuals to carry out daily living tasks with minimum of problems
• Successfully educated ten groups of residents with physical disabilities over a 7 year period and made them ready to perform specific jobs
• Introduced a curriculum tailored to individual and specific needs also adopted by other branches
SUPPORT WORK EXPERIENCE
Support Worker | We Care – Tulsa, OK
September 2005 – Present
• Provide support to ensure primary healthcare needs are met
• Ensure emotional and psychological needs are monitored and met appropriately
• Plan, implement and evaluate individual care plans
• Maintain accurate and concise records, diaries, medical forms and timesheets
• Assist users with daily tasks such as dressing, undressing, bathing and toilet
• Change beds and tidy rooms
GED | City High School, Tulsa, OK – 2004
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Self motivated
• Well developed organizational skills
• Flexible and caring
• Active team member
• Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
• Able to work independently