A resume for the Support Worker position summarizes your professional and personal traits relevant to this profession.
More professional but personal characteristics are essential in a support work job as they describe what type of a person and worker you are.
This is one of the main reasons that you need to put in some personal qualities when writing a support worker resume.
The following 2 resume examples, along with this Support Worker Cover Letter, will guide you on how to craft an attractive job application set.
Support Worker Resume Sample 1
Experience: 15 Years
444 Brockwood Road
Henrico, VA 18585
tonyhan @ email . com
Highly motivated and enthusiastic support worker with a strong vision to promote independence, life skills, and informed choices in sync with individual care plans. Proficient in facilitating personal care and promoting effective communication. First-hand experience in assessing the practical and emotional needs of each client and drawing correlating programs.
• Special talent for providing clients with insight into handling budgets and managing money.
• Unmatched ability to counsel clients through problems such as alcohol or drug abuse.
• Demonstrated ability to lead meetings in residential and community centers about issues relevant to a group or groups of clientele.
Glade Run Services, Henrico, VA
(6/2013 – Present)
• Recognize a potentially explosive situation between two family members and intervene before the problem could get out of hand.
• Hold 15 training workshops to assist participants in learning life skills to assist them in leading a meaningful life.
• Assess the practical and emotional needs of clients by listening to their concerns and problems.
• Assist with domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, and washing.
• Provide assistance to clients in handling budgeting duties and determining how to spend their money.
• Advise clients of practical issues by providing dedicated counseling services.
• Provide deep therapy services to assist clients in handling drug or alcohol problems.
GTY Care, Henrico, VA
(8/2007 – 6/2013)
• Rehabilitated 58 out of the assigned 60 cases by successfully placing members in “comfort zones” outlined in the master program.
• Created and implemented a needs assessment system that had a 99% success rate in determining clients’ social and emotional needs.
• Arranged resources for each client so that they can become functioning members of society.
• Assisted in developing individual activity plans focused on the special needs of each client.
• Reviewed and evaluated each client’s progress and made adjustments to programs based on findings.
• Promoted good standards for hygiene and health and social skills and independence.
Personal Support Aide
The Disabilities Trust, Henrico, VA
(1/2005 – 8/2007)
• Assisted clients with daily work such as cooking, cleaning, and washing.
• Determined each client’s individual needs for emotional and physical support and assisted in creating correlating plans.
• Encouraged clients to participate in program activities by providing emotional and physical support.
• Provided counseling support and life skills training to each client based on his or her specific condition.
• Monitored clients’ progress, provided feedback, and assisted in tweaking implemented care plans to meet the dynamic needs of each client.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work
Virginia State University, Henrico, VA
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Needs Assessment
• Life Skills Training
• Data Collection
• Therapy Arrangements
• Emergency Handling
• Strategy Development
• Emotional Support
Support Worker Resume Sample 2
Experience: 6+ Years
23 W Latimer Street, Tulsa, OK 55544
Contact #, Email
To work for OK Metropolitan Health Service as a Support Worker where I can use my skills in a role that provides ample opportunity for assisting people who have trouble maintaining day-to-day personal tasks.
• Over 6 years of experience as a Support Worker
• Well developed organizational skills
• Flexible and caring
• Active team member
• Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
• Able to work independently
• Successfully educated ten groups of residents with physical disabilities in order to get them ready to perform specific jobs.
• Introduced a curriculum tailored to individual and particular needs also adopted by other branches.
SUPPORT WORK EXPERIENCE
We Care – Tulsa, OK
May 2019 – Present
• Provide personal and practical care services to elderly clients as well as people with disabilities or illnesses
• Impart knowledge thereby assisting with skills development
• Support individual learning skills
• Provide support to ensure primary health care needs are met
• Ensure emotional and psychological needs are monitored and met appropriately
• Plan, implement and evaluate individual care plans
Personal Support Worker
AA Co – Tulsa, OK
Sep 2015 – May 2019
• Assisted individuals to carry out daily living tasks with the minimum of problems
• Maintained accurate and concise records, diaries, medical forms, and timesheets
• Supported clients with daily tasks such as dressing, undressing, bathing, and toileting
• Changed beds and maintained rooms in tidy condition
City High School, Tulsa, OK – 2004
The support worker’s resume writing process needs to be taken seriously.
After all, all the effort that you put into writing a resume will eventually result in a job!