A Direct Support Professional (DSP) cover letter is a document that tells a lot about you, your particular capabilities, and your passion to work for the prospective employer.
In order to write a great DSP cover letter, you have to read the DSP job description provided by the employer and customize your cover letter as per the needs of the employer.
The information that you write in a cover letter must be spot on with the requirements of the employer.
To see how a good cover letter for direct support professional resume can be written, refer to the samples below:
Direct Support Professional Cover Letter Sample 1
October 9, 2022
Mr. Dan Brown
Friendship Community Care
66 Bank Road
Almo, KY 42020
Dear Mr. Brown:
As a driven and kindhearted individual who has inherent caregiving skills, and love for assisting people who are unable to help themselves, I would like to be considered for direct support professional position at Friendship Community Care.
Here is a list of just some of the qualifications that I possess, which make me an excellent person to hire:
- Track record of effectively monitoring patients at agreed-upon levels and ensuring that adequate measures are taken to maintain their safety and well-being.
- Highly experienced in assisting with personal tasks such as eating, showering, toileting, dressing, and oral care, while keeping patients’ dignity.
- Demonstrated expertise in providing assistance and support during therapeutic activities and physical therapies while ensuring patients’ security and wellness.
I am confident that the enclosed resume will convince you to meet with me in person, as it provides a clear view of my competence and compassionate nature as a direct support professional. I will call your office to determine a convenient date and time when we can meet. Alternatively, you may contact me at (000) 142-5114.
Thank you for your consideration of me as a candidate for the Direct Support Professional position at Friendship Community Care.
DSP Cover Letter Sample 2
587 West Street
New Town, ND 69665
(000) 555- 7454
s.blaire @ email . com
October 9, 2022
Mr. George Mason
The Alden Network
3 Chest Drive
New Town, ND 55558
Dear Mr. Mason:
I am excited to apply for a direct support professional position at The Alden Network. I offer hands-on experience in assisting people by developing and implementing core support plans. Owing to my passion and skills, I am confident that I can outperform in this role.
While my professional profile is enclosed with this letter (which highlights in great detail what my specific abilities are in this arena), I would like to build up on it here:
- Handling information-gathering tasks for personal outcome measures and associated evaluation programs.
- Implementing core support plans including spiritual life supports and interaction and choices for activities to support meaningful daily routines.
- Educating individuals to ensure that all infection and disease control activities are properly placed and subsequent policies are adhered to.
- Effectively determining participants’ individual support needs and creating correlating plans to meet them.
As a passionate and results-driven direct support professional, I’d like to discuss your needs in detail. If you require additional information to augment my claims of suitability and positive contribution, you may contact me at (000) 555-7454.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.