Direct care professionals are responsible for providing first-hand care services to persons with cognitive, intellectual, and physical or developmental disabilities. They provide support and assistance in carrying out daily life activities.
To secure a Direct Care professional position, creating an effective resume is important.
A resume that reflects empathy and communicates that you have the required skills effectively can definitely help you land the job of your dreams.
How to Write a Great Resume for Direct Care Professional Position?
- Carefully align your skillset with the recruiter’s requirements.
- Showcase your potential in form of professional accomplishments.
- Begin your resume with a strong summary or objective statement.
- Tailor your competencies according to the employer’s requirements.
- Mention any CPR or first aid certification or relevant training.
Here is a Direct Care Professional Resume Sample for further guidance in this regard.
Direct Care Professional Resume Example
560 Sunset Avenue
Mesa AZ 88999
(044) 555- 7777
walter .reyes @ email . com
Empathetic and compassionate Direct Care professional with strong interpersonal skills; apt at providing assistance in carrying out daily life activities. Knowledgeable of various intellectual and physiological disabilities and care protocols for the handling of persons suffering from the same; track record of providing satisfactory medical assistance as needed.
• Responsive to patient’s physical, emotional and developmental needs.
• Well-versed in assisting clients with home management tasks including grocery, laundry, cooking, etc.
• Apt at taking care of clients’ hygiene-related needs
• Trained in assisting clients with mobility limitations.
• Proven skills in socializing with the clients
Direct Care Professional
NHS Foundation Trust
Apr 2020 – Present
• Earned a 5-star rating based on client feedback for two consecutive years.
• Maintained a neat clean and sanitary living space.
• Administered prescribed medication regularly.
• Prepared required meals and provided feeding support to the clients.
• Assisted the clients in personal hygiene tasks including bathing and bathroom visits.
• Accompanied the clients on social visits and helped them carry out the suggested exercises.
Live In caregiver
June 2018- May 2020
• Provided assistance in mobility, operated wheelchair, and other mobility equipment as per need.
• Accompanied the clients on medical visits and drove them for social visits.
• Provided support in hygiene-related tasks.
• Assisted in feeding and medicating the client as per diet and medication charts.
• Carried out basic household tasks including cooking, grocery buying, laundry, etc.
• Gave company to the client and read aloud from books and articles of interest.
• Assisted in the routine physiotherapy of the client as per the medical practitioner’s advice.
• Valid Driver’s License
• CPR Trained
• First aid Certified
High School Diploma
JF High School, Mesa AZ
English & Spanish