A direct support professional resume objective is a short statement that opens your resume.
This statement gives you a chance to organize your thoughts.
As soon as you finish writing it, you know what direction your resume will take.
The “rest of the resume” may not be such a great read if it doesn’t conform to the objective.
There is a trick to making an excellent objective statement. That is, research the requirements of the employer thoroughly, and customize the objective statement accordingly.
Let’s take a look at some examples to get an idea of how to write a perfect objective statement. Feel free to use one of these statements in your resume.
Sample Objectives for Direct Support Professional Resume
1. Compassionate Direct Support Professional with a 5-plus-year track record of providing level one, direct patient care. Eager to work for ABC Company to ensure the maintenance of patients’ dignity and well-being. I remain calm and tactful at all times.
2. Committed and detail-oriented Direct Support Professional looking for employment at Friendship Community Care. Bringing 3+ years’ hands-on experience in providing direct care in busy healthcare settings as well as private homes. Energetic to assist patients with physical disabilities and ensure their good health and well-being.
3. Top performing Direct Support Professional seeking a position at ResCare. Offering exceptional ability to plan and support patients’ daily activities such as household chores, recreational activities, and physical fitness.
4. Responsible, self-reliant, and conscientious individual looking for a Direct Support Professional position at The Caregivers. Eager to apply skills in developing and implementing support plans, including spiritual life support, to patients with physical and emotional/mental disabilities.
5. Highly experienced Direct Support Professional with exceptional proficiencies in direct patient support, health maintenance, behavior development, patient advocacy, and physical support. Seeking employment at Creative Innervisions.