The transportation supervisor position requires basic know-how about the assigned routes and road conditions along with the ability to conduct pre-trip forecasting. The two most crucial skills needed for this job are written communication skills to generate monitoring reports and strong team management skills.
In order to apply for a transportation supervisor job, you will need to craft an excellent resume.
Here are some useful tips regarding effective transportation supervisor resume writing:
1. Make your resume optimized by adding industry-specific keywords.
2. Highlight your most relevant skills and abilities.
3. Mention only your recent and relevant jobs in the work history section.
4. Write your previous achievements in a quantified manner to give the recruiter a clear idea of your potential.
Below is a sample transportation Supervisor resume for your further guidance.
Transportation Supervisor Resume Example
621 Tree Hill Ave
Chicago, IL 44777
Kevin .morgan @ email . com
Detail-oriented and methodical transportation supervisor with proven skills in driver’s coaching, team management, and route setting. Track record of attaining and maintaining optimal efficacy level in terms of fuel costing and service quality through strict monitoring and checking on driver routes, thoughtful shift management, and adherence to applicable DOT safety protocols. Class B CDL with Passenger Endorsement.
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Well-versed with GPS tracking software.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to generate weekly performance reports
• Adept at vendor negotiations to attain optimal shipping costs
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Expert in pre-trip route and conditions forecasting
AAA Cooper Transportation
May 2019 – Oct 2023
• Reduced fuel costs by $4000 weekly through the implementation of Turnpike software for keeping track of driver’s mileage and location.
• Increased sales by 40% by generating and maintaining mutually beneficial customer relations.
• Coordinated all on-road deliveries of clients and ensured safe and timely delivery of packages and cargo.
• Made a daily dispatch plan and ensured its implementation
• Generated end-of-day reports and reviewed the work process and budget details on a weekly basis
• Maintained DOT regulations and ensured safe driving practices by the team
• Managed the logistics and ensured all delivery centers received the goods on time and in a safe manner.
May 2016- Apr 2019
• Reduced costs by 20% through cost-effective shift and route scheduling.
• Met 100% compliance goals as per departmental service quality standards.
• Handled the personnel, assigned shifts, managed attendance, and initiated and implemented corrective actions in light of weekly performance reports.
• Led a team of 30 drivers ensuring their training, performance monitoring, and on-the-job coaching.
• Assisted in service recovery tasks as assigned.
Class B CDL with Passenger Endorsement
High School Diploma
St. Joseph’s School, Chicago, IL