A transportation supervisor position calls for excellent communication and management skills.
The cover letter for this position must be written in a persuasive manner and it must communicate your relevant expertise in a concise way.
Here are some useful tips regarding effective cover letter writing.
- Start your cover letter with an attention-grabbing introduction that convinces the recruiter that your cover letter and accompanying resume are worth a full read and consideration.
- Add some industry-specific keywords while outlining your skills and competencies. This will optimize your cover letter and make it easily searchable in various ATS (Application tracking systems).
- Throw in some numbers to give an example of your potential and capabilities. This will automatically help the recruiters relate your profile to the job in question.
- End your cover letter with a note of confidence that shows how keen and serious you are about the job you have applied for.
Below is a sample cover letter for your transportation supervisor resume.
Transportation Supervisor Cover Letter Sample
66 Cherry Tree Lane
San Diego, CA
harris .watson @ email . com
October 23, 2022
Mr. Alan Grace
RS Transportation Co.
45 North West Avenue
San Diego, CA
Dear Mr. Grace:
Your recent job posting for a senior Transport supervisor intrigued me a lot because my experiences and skills perfectly complement your needs.
I am a road supervisor working with a reputable transportation company in San Diego for the past three years. I have summarized a few professional accomplishments below to give you an idea about my potential and capabilities.
- Reduced vehicle breakdown percentage by 40% through the implementation of scheduled maintenance of vehicles.
- Saved fuel costs by $3000 per month by chalking out cost-effective routes and enabling GPS-based fuel consumption tracking mechanisms.
- Achieved 5-star customer satisfaction rating for 2 years in a row by ensuring timely and safe delivery of goods.
In addition to being an outgoing communicator, I offer exceptional team spirit. I am known for my ability to get along well with large groups of people.
My previous job as a road supervisor plus my formal training for the same position has enabled me to manage driver’s shifts, keep inventories and ensure compliance with DOT guidelines in a regular manner.
In light of the above highlights of my candidacy, I believe that there is a striking similarity between your requirements and my competencies. I would like to suggest a meeting with you to discuss the prospect further.
Thank you for your time and consideration.