Prerequisite for effective resume writing is, no doubt, a thorough self-assessment.
It is very beneficial to jot down your job-relevant strengths on a piece of paper before you start compiling your resume.
The next step is to ascertain the traits your prospective employer is seeking in the ideal candidate.
Once you have a list of the two above mentioned things, you are in a very good position to get your resume noticed by matching your offered strengths with the employer’s requirements.
There are many resume formats available however, the most popular format is that of a skills-based or functional resume.
This type of resume immediately draws the employer’s attention to the candidate’s strengths and core competencies and later focuses on the chronological work history.
Below is a carefully written Salon Stylist Resume sample in keeping with the above summarized guidelines.
Salon Stylist Resume Sample
748 Harley Lane, Carthage, NC 56998
veronica @ email . com
Highly innovative and fashion-oriented salon styling professional, excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Expert in a full range of hairstyling services including hair cutting, dressing, styling and color application. Track record of upselling salon services and enhancing overall clientele using the referral base. Adept at conducting satisfactory hair and skincare consultation sessions with clients
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Hair Cutting
– Oil Therapy
– Dry Hair Therapy
– Hair Coloring
– Wax Treatment
– Permanent Straightening
– Services Promotion
• Trained a team of 6 newly hired stylists in cosmetology and hairstyling.
• Elevated overall client satisfaction level from 70% to 95% during the first six months of hire.
• Upsold the salon’s branded hair care products massively, generating a profit of 7K+ in a single month.
• Was selected employee of the month thrice in a row.
GREAT CLIPPERS, Carthage, NC 2013-Present
• Provide a full range of hair care and styling services offered by the salon including straightening, perming, loose curling and moisturizing
• Conduct consultancy sessions with clients to ascertain their needs and suggest services accordingly
• Carry out hair coloring requests based on the client’s desired look while considering factors like eye color, natural hair shade, skin tone, hair texture and the like
HAIR CLUB, Carthage, NC 2011-2013
• Scheduled all appointments
• Recommended suitable hair treatments to clients based on their hair type
• Delivered hair cutting, styling, coloring and shampooing services
• Provided hair treatments including wax and hot oil therapies
Associate of Science in Cosmetology
ADVANCE COLLEGE OF ARTS, Carthage, NC – 2011
• BLS and First Aid Certified
• Good manual dexterity, strong skills in hair cutting
• Up to date knowledge of ongoing fashion trends