A graduate assistant holds a teaching position in an educational environment.
These professionals are usually graduate students who assist lead teachers with their work in a college or a university and manage instruction for classes.
They develop teaching materials and exam papers and even grade papers when asked to.
Graduate assistants also help teachers with their research work which may include managing public polls, laboratory work and even correlating data depending on the type of assistantship they are a part of.
Are you a graduate student looking for this position so your resume can get a kickstart? Here is a resume sample just for you!
Graduate Assistant Resume Example
632 Valley Brook Road
Lexington, KY 33333
jennifer @ email . com
To work as a Graduate Assistant at Kentucky State University. Enthusiastic to assist professors in a wide variety of business subjects.
Kentucky State University, Lexington, KY
Bachelor of Business Administration – Ongoing – 2nd year
• Won the Business Excellence award for performing outstandingly during graduate studies
• Top of the Dean’s list in two semesters
• Well versed in providing classroom instruction support to faculty members
• In-depth knowledge of preparing and grading assignments and exam papers
• Hands-on experience in performing research methods akin to the subject matter provided
• Conversant with developing and implementing student-based curriculum in a university environment
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• MS Project
• Typing Speed: 60WPM
• Internet savvy
• Member of the skydiving club
• President of the university business club
• Founding member of the university book club
• Volunteered services for the local old people’s home
• Performed volunteer services for three conservation communities within the university
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to impart instructions in a profound manner
• Exceptional interpersonal and multitasking abilities gained through classroom assignments
• Familiar with popular research methods