A multimedia specialist is an individual who is hired specifically to design and develop multimedia applications, systems and products, aimed at entertaining, educating, persuading and informing end users. These individuals are technically savvy, with great knowledge of design and applications, along with exceptional aesthetic sense.
Working as a multimedia specialist will require you to possess a degree in computer sciences, with a specialization or major in multimedia design. You will need to be able to use and work with design packages such as Adobe Illustrator, 3D Flash Animator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, and Apple Final Cut Pro X. Additionally, you will need to possess excellent skills in handling presentations, as once the product has been designed and tested, you might need to present it to the end user. Also, you must keep in touch with new and advancing forms of media, and possess working knowledge of video production, editing and photography if this is the work that you want to take up in the future.
Some of the areas where you will need to be truly proficient include web design, video production, digital photography and computer graphics. In addition to this, you might be expected to possess insight into programming and coding work, if you are presently thinking of applying for a multimedia specialist position.
Job Description for Multimedia Specialist Resume
• Confer with clients on a one on one basis to determine their requirements for multimedia design projects.
• Provide advice to clients on what is technically possible, producing and presenting proposals.
• Identify range of project scope and realistic timescales and costs based on project dynamics.
• Work with drawings, sketches, models and written instructions to design each assigned multimedia project.
• Create design ideas by using design packages including Adobe Illustrator. InDesign, and Photoshop.
• Develop multimedia designs in liaison with animators, programmers, writers, video producers and sound engineers.
• Provide guidance, service and support for audio, video and multimedia production for both delivery and distribution.
• Coordinate scripting work and provide videotaping, audio recording, multimedia production and post-production services.
• Handle interactive media and interface design, ensuring that all designed interfaces are properly structured.
• Provide web designing and editing assistance and handle instructional designs as outlined in the master plan.
• Produce finished design work, make required adjustments, and ensure that it is presented to the end user through a series of presentations and demonstrations.
Last updated on