Your Individual Support Specialist resume is the main document through which you will apply for a job.
If it is not structured properly, it will not bring the desired results.
Have a look at the following resume sample to see how you can structure your resume:
Individual Support Specialist Resume Example
22 Lord Drive, Anchorage, AK 99517
britfox @ email . com
INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Accomplished Individual Support Specialist with over 7 years of exposure to providing assistant to people with disabilities aiming to help them lead meaningful lives. Highly skilled in providing direct support to individuals, while maintaining their integrity. Effectively implements support services as outlined in plan of care.
|One on One Support||Personal Assistance||Housekeeping|
|Errand-running||Medication Administration||Transportation Coordination|
|Community Promotion||Client Advocacy||Emergency Response|
|Individualized Care Plans||Meal Assistance||Records Management|
• Successfully handled a client with a profound physical disability, for 3 years, without a single complaint.
• Suggested implementation of individualized care plans, resulting in increased benefit to clients.
• Saved the life of a patient who had taken a nasty fall, by giving him immediate first aid.
• Led 5 public talks on individual support provision, as part of a client advocacy program.
Individual Support Specialist
Hope Community Resources, Anchorage, AK | 6/2013 – Present
• Go through each assigned patient’s care plan to determine the type and extent of care to be given.
• Attend to patients / clients in a manner that supports the desires and preferences of each of them.
• Assist clients in handling personal hygiene activities such as bathing, toileting and grooming.
• Provide support with household activities such as light dusting, cleaning and mopping.
• Administer medication according to specified schedules, or provide medication reminders to clients.
• Arrange for vehicles to transport clients to appointments and recreational activities, and accompany them where necessary.
• Ascertain that any first aid or CPR requirements are fulfilled immediately, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of each assigned client.
• Create and maintain records of patients in a predefined manner, and by following facility protocols.
Individual Support Specialist
Pathlight Group, Anchorage, AK | 2/2007 – 5/2013
• Assisted assigned patients in performing tasks of daily life such as bathing, toileting and grooming.
• Provided medication reminders, ensuring that prescribed medicines were taken on time.
• Helped with household chores such as cleaning, and cooking, and assisted patients during meal times.
• Ascertained that patients’ room were kept clean and sanitized at all times, ensuring that bed linen was changed often.
• Created and maintained records of patients’ intake, and updated records in a timely manner.
Anchorage High School, Anchorage, AK – 2006
High School Diploma