Hiring managers have the toughest job in the world – going through so many resumes in a day, most of which aren’t much to write home about.
You can guess how frustrating that must be!
Make life a little easy for them by sending in a resume based on the following format:
Revenue Clerk Resume Example
76 John Arthur Drive, Foley, AL 60021
laurajack @ email . com
Accomplished Revenue Clerk with over 9 years of experience in monitoring general ledger accounts and bringing any questionable items to attention. Deep expertise in responding to inquiries from the public, and eliciting information as pertinent to company rules.
Maintains all aspects of the company’s billing systems, including tax, accounts receivable, and business license systems. Strong accounting background with a talent for arranging all bills in sequence, and compiling delinquent bills so that they may be timely transferred for collection.
|✓ Reconciliation||✓ Delinquent Accounts Handling|
|✓ Data Entry||✓ Information Analysis|
|✓ Bills Issuance||✓ Accounts Statements Management|
|✓ Tax Handling||✓ Exemption Lists Maintenance|
|✓ Collections||✓ Online Payment Systems|
|✓ Records Maintenance||✓ Complex Calculations|
• Implemented a novel bills issuance system, which was considered 65% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Revamped the records maintenance system, making it safer and easier to use.
• Suggested maintenance of exemption list, resulting in ease of access of exempted client information.
• Reconciled a particularly hard to handle entry, which had been in limbo for over 5 months.
Pacific Part, Foley, AL | 5/2012 – Present
• Verify and analyze various categories of accounts receivables, placing special focus on accuracy.
• Arrange all bills in sequence, and compile delinquent bills so that they could be forwarded for collection.
• Create and maintain records and files for bills that need to be forwarded for collection purposes.
• Reconcile taxpayers’ payments, and those received from mortgage holders, ensuring they are in sync with internal records.
• Calculate interests due on taxpayer accounts, and ensure that all interests are duly posted.
• Communicate with taxpayers over the telephone or in person, to provide them with information on the status of their tax bills.
• Monitor general ledger accounts and bring discrepancies to the attention of the comptroller.
• Maintain spreadsheets for revenue and other accounting functions, ensuring that they comply with accounting protocols.
Belfast Inc., Foley, AL | 2/2007 – 5/2012
• Assisted in maintaining accounting records by making copies and filing documents.
• Reconciled bank statements, ensuring that they were properly compared with general ledgers.
• Verified financial reports by running performance analysis programs and systems.
• Ascertained that all information regarding accounts was safely and confidentially stored.
• Updated and maintained accounting journals and ledgers, and reconciled records with internal systems.
Foley Business School, Foley, AL – 2009
Associate’s Degree in Accounting