An employment specialist is simply an individual who is an expert in matching people to the type of jobs that they are more suitable for – and vice versa.
Typically, an employment specialist works in the human resource department of a company, although some may be hired in a separate capacity as well. Working as an employment specialist means that you have to be exceptionally good at determining the right type of applicants for open positions within the company.
Each employment specialist resume that you write for each company needs to be unique. That being said, a tailored resume wins interviews.
When you send the same resume to apply for all positions, you take individuality away from your candidature.
Have a look at the sample below for reference on how to write a targeted resume:
Employment Specialist Resume Example
9611 Pole Road
Wilton, AL 12120
ian.white @ email . com
Top-performing Employment Specialist with 9+ years of extensive experience in providing assessments to assist individuals to identify career paths. Highly skilled in supporting access to and retention in job training and employment support. Recognized for ability to assist with interviews and hiring decisions across all departments.
A logical and analytical approach managed application tracking systems (ATS) from creation to closing by posting positions and screening applicants. Able to develop and ensure proper training for all participants of the hiring committee to ensure compliance. Competent in counseling clients in meeting both vocational and educational aspirations.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
✓ Client Referrals ✓ Training Facilitation
✓ Workshops Organization ✓ Vocational Counseling
✓ Follow-up ✓ Case Reviews
✓ Plans Development ✓ Vocational Evaluation
✓ Eligibility Determination ✓ Needs Identification
✓ Supportive Services ✓ Courses Arrangements
Acacia Network, Wilton, AL
6/2018 – Present
• Oversee the application tracking system from creation to closing by placing open positions and screening applicants.
• Organize interview committees, call on references, and coordinate correspondence with applicants.
• Assist interviewers with the hiring process by providing interview support and advice.
• Develop and implement core training and development programs aimed to ensure that hiring committees’ work is up to standards.
• Provide orientation to new employees with the company’s functions, protocols, procedures, and rules.
Key Accomplishments & Contributions
• Successfully placed 90% of clients in appropriate jobs, over the course of 5 years, between 2018 and 2022.
• Devised a foolproof job-finding system, which matched clients’ specific skills with the exact requirements of the employer, in a dynamic manner.
• Implemented a training facilitation system, which replaced the one already in place, and was considered much superior.
• Organized 13 workshops within a year, aimed at helping many groups of job seekers obtain employment.
Acacia Network, Wilton, AL
5/2013 – 6/2018
• Provided group vocational training and counseling, and assisted applicants in developing realistic goals.
• Conducted follow-up activities with job developers and employers to ensure that applicants were provided with opportunities.
• Assisted applicants in obtaining information regarding their benefits and referred them to benefits counselors.
• Assessed applicants’ vocational functioning on an ongoing basis, ensuring that their candidature is apt.
• Scanned job applications to determine candidate profiles that meet employers’ needs.
• Shortlisted profiles and contacted applicants to interview them over the telephone.
• Scheduled candidates for interviews, providing them with times and dates and following up with them.
Bachelor of Business Administration
Wilton Business School, Wilton, AL | 2006
Employment Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the application tracking system to determine which job applications are spot on with the company’s requirements.
- Shortlist applicants according to specified regulations and contact them to provide them with information on their status.
- Create interview schedules and inform applicants of the days and times when they have to appear for them.
- Call on references and coordinate correspondence with applicants to ensure that they are made aware of their current statuses.
- Assist interviewers in screening and hiring the right candidates, and provide insight into training and development activities.
- Develop and implement training programs for individuals part of the hiring committee to ensure that they keep atop things.
- Maintain and update the careers section of the company website, and ensure that internal staff members are made aware of open positions.
- Work with the management to update job descriptions, so that they are accurate and can be tied to performance management.
- Assist with onboarding activities, ensuring that new employees are oriented, and making sure that all new employees’ records are properly maintained.
- Ensure that hiring paperwork and compliance is in check, acknowledging that all aspects are taken into account.
Sample Skills for Employment Specialist Resume
Working in an employment specialist position requires some specific skills and abilities. An unskilled individual cannot possibly meet deadlines, or work in a quality-conscious manner. When you develop your resume, make sure that you leave some space for the skills section.
This section usually comes right after the objective or summary, as the information in it is vital to decision-making on the employer’s part. If you have filled out this section in a proper manner, you can probably look forward to receiving an interview call soon.
A solid skill set does not only bring interviews. It also convinces a hiring manager about you being the best there is to hire and helps them predict how you will contribute to the organization in both the long and short terms. Once a prospective employer has this information, he or she will be able to set you apart from all the other candidates who claim that they are experienced and qualified, bringing you on top.
A list of skills for an employment specialist position is given here for your reference. You can use these phrases in the SKILLS or QUALIFICATIONS section of your resume.
- Demonstrated ability to engage applicants and develop and maintain a trusting relationship with them.
- Effectively able to interview, advise and guide a diverse population of candidates to ascertain employability.
- Highly skilled in determining applicants’ eligibility in sync with the requirements of the client.
- Well-versed in apprising new employees of their rights, benefits, responsibilities, and obligations.
- Proven ability to assess applicants’ educational backgrounds, work experience, skills, and qualifications, and determine their job readiness.
- Track record of efficiently and effectively overseeing the application tracking system, from creation to completion.
- Qualified to identify problems and barriers that hinder employability, and assist applicants in resolving and mitigating these barriers.
- Competent in providing assistance to interviewers during the interview process, and effectively analyzing information derived from interviews and tests.
- Proficient in developing and implementing individualized employment plans in accordance with the requirements of each department.
- Adept at developing and ensuring appropriate training programs for all participants involved in a hiring committee.
- Documented success in orienting new employees to the processes of the company, as part of their induction program.