Your resume is your only chance to impress a prospective employer, to gain a job that you have your heart set on.
Do not let this opportunity get out of hand.
Even if you do not really like writing resumes (no one does), give it your full attention.
And you should be able to come up with something like this:
Eligibility Specialist Resume Example
987 Broadway Avenue
New York, NY 10027
eutre @ email . com
Highly progressive and meticulous eligibility specialist with over 6 years of dedicated experience in assessing eligibility documents to ensure program success. Well-versed in handling intakes by following established eligibility criteria, reviewing referrals for services, and interviewing applicants to explain eligibility requirements. Work well under tight deadlines in a team-oriented environment.
• Income Determination • Service Center Coordination
• Files Maintenance • Performance Appraisals
• Counseling and Advocacy • Record-keeping
• Referrals Facilitation • Resources Generation
• Process Tracking • Follow-up
• External Interaction • Intake Support
• Implemented a novel system that increased the efficiency of determining applicants’ financial statuses by 65%.
• Introduced an applicant files maintenance system, which was considered 50% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Successfully passed all eligible applications for medical services through the system, without a single rejection.
• Increased instances of external financial support for services by 85% by effectively creating and maintaining effective relationships with financial aid organizations.
Health and Human Services, New York, NY
2016 – Present
• Interview clients/applicants in a bid to complete all intake procedures set forth by the facility
• Determine applicant eligibility based on the obtained information and run it through the system for verification
• Schedule individual screening and eligibility appointments to decipher their suitability for each program
• Review referrals for services and provide information to applicants and their families about eligibility requirements
• Evaluate requests and findings to ensure that they are in accordance with policies and procedures
• Initiate procedures to grant, deny, modify or terminate eligibilities based on set principles
• Write individualized plans of care and contact service providers for assistance and information
• Ensure that all eligibility and intake information is properly handled, paying special attention to confidentiality.
Mountain Park Health Center, New York, NY
2009 – 2016
• Scheduled appointments with clients by coordinating specialists’ calendars and clients’ availability
• Provided follow-up to ensure that clients turn up for each scheduled appointment
• Assisted during intake activities by recording all information provided by each applicant
• Verified provided information by running it through the system and ensured that it was properly recorded
• Followed up on submitted paperwork for eligible clients to ensure that they received their services in a time-efficient manner
Bachelor of Human Resources Management
New York State University, New York, NY – 2008