A medical eligibility specialist cannot apply for a job if he or she does not accurately write their resume.
Typically, a resume for this position needs to show the hiring manager that the candidate is a great person to hire.
And this information needs to be placed in a way that is attractive to a hiring manager.
The first thing that needs to be done is to choose the right format.
Then, you have to fill it in with information about your knowledge of, and experience in a medical eligibility specialist role.
Here is how this can be done:
Medical Eligibility Specialist Resume Sample
53 Fort Road, Topeka, KS75364
MEDICAL ELIGIBILITY SPECIALIST
Qualified medical eligibility specialist, with 14 years of extensive experience in determining eligibility metrics for different clients. Effectively able to review applications for various aid programs, and ensure client eligibility. Deeply familiar with counseling clients in order to ensure that they are connected with the right resources.
• Successfully connected 600 people to medical programs, within a span of 4 years.
• Implemented a unique data collection system, as a result, decreased collection time by 75%.
• Introduced an efficient documentation system, hence, reduced paperwork errors by 50%.
• Trained 35 people to work as medical eligibility workers, as part of their induction program.
Medical Eligibility Specialist
Health and Human Services, Topeka, KS| 2012-present
• Look through applications in order to determine the qualifying candidates.
• Check each item on applications to ensure completeness and accuracy.
• Analyze claims to determine both ongoing and initial eligibility.
• Authorize benefits for programs administered by different agencies.
• Conduct interviews over the phone, and in person in order to acquire required information.
• Establish and maintain effective work relationships with clients, as well as their advocates.
• Respond to inquiries and concerns regarding medical eligibility and correlating resources.
Medical Eligibility Officer
Health Services of Topeka, Topeka, KS | 2005-2012
• Assisted clients in filling out forms in order to apply for medical resources and benefits.
• Ensured the accuracy and completeness of all forms, and associated documents.
• Submitted applications and followed up on them.
• Ensured that all files and records were accurately and confidentially handled.
• Recorded clients’ information accurately and confidentially.
• Followed up with different agencies in order to ensure quick implementation.
High School Diploma
Topeka High School, Topeka, KS