An Autism Specialist works under the direct supervision of a special education manager. S/he develops and organizes service delivery options to meet the needs of students diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
In order to apply for this job, a job seeker will need to write a resume, as well as a cover letter.
A well-written resume for autism specialists opens the doors to many jobs.
The following is a great resume sample to you build your own resume.
Autism Specialist Resume Example 1
Experience: 15 Years
693 Sandhill Drive
Conyers, GA 55065
kyl.lam @ email . com
Dependable Autism Specialist with 15 years of verifiable track record of managing the needs of individuals with autism spectrum disorder and global development delay. Completely focused on providing patients with support, targeted at integrating them into society, by instilling confidence in them. Documented success in conducting observations to aid the diagnosis of ASD and the development of instructional strategies. A competent individual who has hands-on experience in developing therapy intervention programs to provide support to both patients and caregivers in implementing plans in appropriate settings.
• Behavioral Training • Intervention Plans
• Transition Plans • Crises Response
• Family Education • Student Placement
• Programmatic Autism Services • Special Education
• Visual Support Training • Progress Monitoring Plans
• Needs Assessment • Procedural Change Management
• Successfully placed 52 children with ASDs into regular school streams by effectively coaching them in their weak areas.
• Created and implemented an ASD-focused curriculum for children with special needs, resulting in increased registrations.
• Introduced non-invasive behavioral support intervention procedures, with a 100% success rate.
• Conducted 14 educational seminars on ASDs, focusing on parent/guardian education, each session attended by over 250 people.
The Mentor Network, Conyers, GA
6/2018 – Present
• Determine the types of therapies required for each child and develop specific therapeutic treatment plans to meet his or her individual needs.
• Handle assessments by interviewing and observing children and creating psychological profiles.
• Create new programs, move targets forward, and make procedural changes in existing care / educational programs.
• Lead special education training and plan and implement staff development and patient education autism programs.
• Confer and communicate with staff members to gauge the effectiveness of special education programs.
The Mentor Network, Conyers, GA
11/2012 – 6/2018
• Provided instructional methodology and behavioral support to teachers and caregivers.
• Developed and implemented individualized patient and family-centered educational programs in collaboration with educational institutes.
• Implement and evaluate autism services for eligible children and their families.
• Compile special education program information into documents and reports.
• Act as a resource for information regarding laws, regulations, and procedures regarding special education programs.
United Health Group, Conyers, GA
1/2007 – 11/2012
• Assessed patients to determine behavioral problems and created and implemented positive behavior support techniques.
• Observed environment to determine where adjustments may be made within the classroom and home environments.
• Identified frustration and implement specifically designed programs to tone down aggressive behavior.
Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education – 2006
Georgia State University, Conyers, GA
Autism Specialist Resume Example 2
Experience: 7 Years
Jersey City, NJ
a.smith @ email . com
• Compassionate autism specialist with 7+ years of experience as an autism teacher and school psychologist in classrooms for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
• Well-versed with modern educational practices for students with ASD
• Knowledge of applicable case law related to ASD
• Experience in early childhood evaluation tools and procedures
• Observational data collection
• Instructional strategies development
• On-site training
• Tactful with good manners
• Follow-up on observations
• Behavior management strategies
• Works well with parents and staff
• Behavior plan development
St. Louis School, Jersey City, NJ
• Design and execute student programs for special day classes and workers working with students with ASD.
• Coordinate changeover plans for students moving to additional instructional environments.
• Work considerately with workers from the student’s district of habitation and outside agencies.
• Facilitate play and social interactions by providing suggestions on physical and mental activities.
• Record both qualitative and quantitative data for each session and ensure that it was properly documented.
ABC School, Jersey City, NJ
• Utilized optimistic strategies to administer student behaviors and help in developing behavior management plans
• Promoted optimistic public relations and advocates so as to set up and maintain comprehensive services for students with ASD
• Took part in professional growth activities such as conferences, classes, staff meetings, and program visitations
Master’s Degree in Psychology
Jersey State University, Jersey City, NJ – 2012
Major: Child Psychology
Moderate-Severe of Severely Handicapped Special Education Teaching Credential
Board Certified Behavior Analyst
New Jersey driver’s license