An internship in the software engineering profession provides students/newly graduated candidates with significant hands-on experience in their related field of study. It is an excellent opportunity to observe and actively participate in a real-time environment.
As a software engineer intern, you will be able to sharpen your technical, communication, and professional skills through on-the-job training. It also provides a chance for applicants to be considered for a full-time opportunity in the same company.
Take a look at the following sample cover letter for a software engineer internship to make a compelling job application set.
Related: Software Engineer Internship Resume
Software Engineer Internship Cover Letter Sample
333 Sample Street
Dallas, TX 12141
August 30, 2020
Mr. David Cohen
President, Development Division
33 Example Way
Dallas, TX 12541
Dear Mr. Cohen:
I am interested in speaking with you regarding the Software Engineer Internship position at Bosch. After reading your job description, I found a close match between my skills and your requirements. I am currently pursuing my Master’s degree in Software Engineering and would like to contribute to your software engineering department.
If hired, I would be able to bring the following attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement features in existing and new products
- Adept at writing well-structured and easily maintainable code using Java, J2EE, C#, VB.NET
- Competent at working with clients, support, and QA teams to resolve bugs and support issues
- Well versed in providing detailed feedback on documentation and test plans for features
- Excellent logical, debugging and reasoning skills
- Passion for delivering quality solutions
As a proactive and enthusiastic individual, I would welcome an opportunity to discuss my software engineering capabilities with you. I will get in touch with you after two weeks to see if you require any additional information. In the meantime, I can be reached at (000) 154-2342.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to meeting with you soon.