Generalizing a resume summary is as bad as openly stating that you are not interested in a job.
As a sentence fragment that outlines a job-seeker’s idealization of an available position, a resume summary is a valuable tool that can immediately land you interviews galore.
But it has to be verb-driven and draw a direct parallel between the candidate’s experience and skills and the generalized requirements of a posted job.
Once you have made this comparison and it comes out nicely, you can write a correlating resume summary to address the employer’s specific needs.
If you decide that you are going to reuse a resume summary, you should edit it or rewrite it for every job that you apply for.
A well-written resume summary goes a long way in reaching out to the prospective employer, communicating your suitability for the job and inducing him or her to ask you to appear for an interview.
And once you get a chance to appear for an interview, your resume writing goal has been achieved.
For examples on how security officer resume summaries are written (ones that bring results), refer to the samples below:
See also: Security Officer Cover Letter
Security Officer Resume Summary Examples
• Passionate Security Officer with demonstrated expertise in watching out for irregularities such as security breaches and safety hazards, and handle adverse situations with tact and poise. Extremely well-versed in patrolling assigned areas to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
• Vigilant Security Officer with 21 years’ progressive experience in protecting buildings and personnel by patrolling designated areas and investigating unusual occurrences. Track record of providing emergency assistance by apprehending disruptive persons and providing arbitrary services.
• Well organized, conscientious, and individual with 11+ years’ extensive experience in patrolling and crime prevention in a Security Officer role. Exceptionally well-versed in investigating unusual incidents and security concerns and ensuring that they are dealt with in a manner conducive to the safety of business and staff.
• Extremely-cautious Security Officer with a 7-plus-year track record of providing superior patrolling services. Demonstrated expertise in monitoring premises, guarding cash and valuables and supervising entrances to ensure complete security of personnel and premises
• Dependable and honest Security Officer with proven skills in deterring crime and preventing losses by investigating and reporting irregularities. Innovative problem solver who can always find workable solutions to avert crime such as theft and vandalism.