Meter readers work for utility companies.
They read electric, gas, water, and steam meters and record the volume used by a hand-held device or manually.
Also, they need to inspect meters and their connections for any fault or break and inform the department or maintenance workers with the necessary information to fix broken meters.
Job opportunities for Meter Readers are expected to be good because of the expansion of utility companies’ operations worldwide.
Take a look at the following resume sample, which will guide you on how to write a good resume for a meter reader position.
Also, include a meter reader cover letter to support your resume.
Meter Reader Resume Example
Poised to serve the customers professionally and politely and exceed their expectations.
Uniquely qualified Meter Reader with an unbeaten track record of accurately reading and recording electric, gas, and water meter data. Well versed in handling digital, manual, and needle meters. Ability to complete tasks efficiently and safely following agreements and specifications. Neat appearance and professional attitude.
• Good mathematical skills
• Ability to communicate with internal and external customers
• Basic computer skills for data entry, reference and recovery tasks
• Visual attention to detail in reading meter numbers correctly and recording them for billing purposes • Works effectively without supervision
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
ABC Company – Bryan, TX | 2010 – Present
• Take and execute daily meter reading tasks
• Upload and download assignments and meter data
• Ensure a safe working environment by adhering to all safety-related procedures
• Deal with stakeholders professionally and courteously
• Report any kinds of problems and hazards to supervisor
• Update handheld fields in the database
Atmos Energy – Bryan, TX | 2008 – 2010
• Read domestic, commercial and industrial customers’ gas meters
• Recorded digital, dial and counter readings for billing purpose
• Recorded reasons and gave remarks for no-readings
• Changed billing charts as needed
• Reset and resealed demand meters and meter enclosures as per instructions
• Reported unusual and dangerous conditions to management
• Performed other associated duties as assigned
Operator Qualification program for Meter Reader
Technical College, Houston, TX
High School Diploma
George Public School, Bryan, TX
Texas meter reader’s license
Current Texas Driver’s License with Vehicle and Insurance
• Able to work efficiently in extreme temperatures of the outdoor environment.
• Lifting and moving objects up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to walk long distances
“I bring good hand-eye coordination as well as proven customer service skills.”
Strong professional references available